#13

Sana, for the first time got aware of the fact that Sidharth was under the same roof with her. She heard his chuckle and obviously she didn't have to look at him to know who he was. She didn't even look at him, because she knew that if she did then she would fall weak. No, she couldn't get all emotional especially in front of everybody. "Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him...", she kept on telling herself.

Her breathing became heavy and she was feeling all kinds of things in her stomach. Her head was spinning and she felt weakness grip her body. She didn't know till when will she be able to stand without falling.

Sidharth's mere chuckle could do so much to her. She wondered what would his face do to her. If she saw him, she might break down in front of so many people. It's already bad that Sidharth is entering the house as well, and now looking at him in front of so many people and still try to act all cool and composed, can she do that?. She knew she couldn't and so she chose the easy route instead which meant that she just wouldn't look at him, not when so many people were around.

Maybe she can steal a glance, no she shouldn't because then all hell will break loose and she wouldn't be able to stop herself from looking at him. His chuckle was contagious and it felt melodious to her ears.

Her eyes were moist thinking his long it had actually been since she heard him laughing lightly. He always gave a stern expression and even after a month of their friendship, she hadn't seen him laughing or chuckling. She still remembers the first time she heard him chuckle. She remembers how she was in so much shock that she kept looking at him with wide eyes and seeing her that surprised, Sidharth started laughing more.

FLASHBACK

"Yar ye banda hasta hi ni hai. Hasne mein koi tax lagta hai kya? Jab dekho tab mu fula rakha hota hai isne. I have to do something! Aisa ho sakta hai ki koi Shehnaaz ke sath rahe fir bhi na hase?", Shehnaz thought.

She tried so many things to make him laugh. She cracked as many jokes as she could but it was of no use. Thakk haar ke Shehnaaz milk shake bnane ke liye kitchen mein gyi. She was so immersed in thinking about ways to make Sidharth laugh.

After a few minutes, Shehnaaz screamed and hearing her scream Sidharth came in a hurry only to look at a messy Shehnaaz. The smoothie or the shake, whatever it was, was all over on her face and on her hair. Sidharth just pressed his lips really hard not knowing what to do, whether to get angry because of making so much mess or laugh at how she looked.

"Ye kya hua?", he asked. Shehnaaz just gulped not able to meet his eyes and sneakily looked at him. She assumed that he was super angry. She started moving back but Sidharth kept on coming forward. He looked at the mixer and the blender and then at the lid which was kept at the far end of the slab.

"Wo mein milk shake bna ri thi and I just started the blender without the lid. So all the milk shake just came out...", Sana said. The very next moment Sidharth burst into laughing fits. The cute little munchkin was just too much. She was a handful and never failed to amaze him. Everyday he would think that okay this is the last weird thing or maybe the last amazing thing she is capable of doing but no she manages to prove him wrong and comes up with something else. How does she do that?

That was the very first time that Shehnaaz had seen him laughing and she just kept looking at him with an open mouth. After Sidharth calmed down a bit and his laughter was controlled, Sana just lifted out "Did you just laugh?" and that was it. That was they very first time she heard him laugh and it was beautiful. She could just keep on looking at him laughing like that for the whole day.

After that day, Sidharth never tried to control his emotions in front of her. He would laugh freely in front of her and she felt that it was not less than an achievement to make him open up in front of her. After all she was the only one who could make himaugh without him being conscious about it.