#74

Shehnaaz was feeling very nervous and scared. She didn't know why but her heart beat was increasing with every passing moment.

She was fidgeting with her fingers and tears welled up in her eyes. A tear fell out of her eye and she harshly wiped it away. Why is she feeling like this? What is wrong with her?

She found herself looking at the door again and again. She couldn't stop looking at it.

"Sidharth jaldi aa jaega! Usne bola hai, usne promise kiya hai!", Shehnaaz kept on telling this to herself but she wasn't convinced at all.

She had a feeling that something bad is going to happen. She was now biting her nails and looking at the door intently, waiting for Sidharth to come.

Her ringing phone brought her back to reality. Her lips turned into an upward curve as soon as she saw who was calling her.

It was Sidharth. She immediately connected the call and happily said, "Hello!".

"Hello, kya aap Shehnaaz bol rahin hain?", the person on the other side asked.

This was not Sidharth. Why was it not Sidharth? Why was somebody else calling her through his phone?

Shehnaaz felt her hands shiver and she couldn't even hold her phone properly. Her heart sank as soon as she heard somebody else on the phone.

The person repeated the question, bringing her back to what he asked her.

"Ji!", Shehnaaz spoke with a shivering voice and welled up eyes.

"Jinka ye phone hai, unka accident ho gya hai. Unhe hospital pohoncha diya hai. Aapka number speed dial pe tha to isiliye aapko phone kar diya!", the person said.

"K...ka...kaunsa...hos...hospital?", Shehnaaz asked trying hard not to break down in front on a stranger.

The stranger asked him to come to the City Hospital. Shehnaaz called Grams and broke down while talking to her. Grams and kaka came to her cottage and consoled her.

The three of then went to the hospital and she was directed toward the ward no. 42, when they enquired about Sidharth on the reception.

Shehnaaz ran towards the the ward and entered the room. Sidharth was sitting on the bed, wide awake.

His hand had a fracture, and the nurse was covering his wounded head with a bandaid.

Shehnaaz tried to slow her breathing and gulped away her tears. She obviously didn't want to have a break down in front of a doctor and a nurse.

"Aap...?", the doctor asked.

"His friend!", she said.

Well that was true, she wasn't wearing the ring and so she couldn't be her fiance right now. Sidharth looked at her and sighed.

"Oh, yeah right!", the doctor smiled and nodded in understanding.

"Inka bass ek fracture hai, jaise ki aap dekh sakti hain. Aur inke head pe thode bruises hain. That's all! Accident kaafi bada bhi ho sakta tha, he was lucky!", the doctor said and left the ward with the nurse.

Shehnaaz looked at Sidharth in anger and Sidharth gave her a goofy smile. He could see puffyness in Shehnaaz's eyes. Her nose and cheeks were all red, while her eyes were bloodshot red.

Shehnaaz rubbed her eyes vigorously because her eyes were burning due to continuous crying.

Sidharth was now scared of Shehnaaz. It seemed as if she would just eat him up and that too alive.

"Shehnaaz...wo bass chota sa fracture hai aur kuch nhi!", he tried saying, trying to lessen her anger.

Shehnaaz shot up her eyebrows and scoffed, "oh really? Bass ek fracture aur choti si chot head pe! Nice, great, great!".