#37

He called the doctor and explained her condition to him. The doctor said that before checking her, he can not say anything.

Before reaching to any sort of conclusion, the doctor wanted to check her.

"Aap Sana ko kal mere paas le aayegi. She always comes to me during her medical emergencies.

She keeps on catching cold usually. Use swallowing mein problem hai aur fever.

Ye to flu ke symptoms bhi ho sakte hain. Waise usko kahin aur pain to nhi ho ra?", the doctor asked.

Sidharth suddenly remembered, that Shehnaaz was complaining about her ear pain and told this to the doctor.

The doctor asked Sidharth to not give any meds to Shehnaaz and just bring her to the hospital fot the check up.

The next morning, Shehnaaz was really cranky. Her head, her throat and her ear were paining. She felt like punching someone across the face.

She was just so irritated. She couldn't even voice out her irritation which was more annoying for her.

Sidharth, however, made her have some warm soup and got her ready for going to the doctor.

Once they reached, the doctor hugged Shehnaaz. It seemed that they knew each other well.

After the pleasantries were exchanged, the doctor checked her throat and did some tests before coming to any conclusion.

"Sana, tum baar baar apna gala kharaab kar leti ho. Iss baar gala sirf kharab nhi hua hai, iss baar tumhe tonsillitis ho gya hai!", the doctor said making Shehnaaz frightened in response.

Sidharth got worried and the doctor sensed his confusion. "Sidharth tension lene ki koi baat nhi hai. Shehnaaz ke lymph nodes mein swelling hai and she has swollen tonsils. Bass ek surgery karni padegi and after recovery, she would be totally fine".

Hearing the word surgery, Sidharth totally panicked. He couldn't believe that Shehnaaz has to go through a surgery.

Although, it was not such a big deal but Sidharth couldn't help getting anxious and worried about her. He was just thinking how much in pain Shehnaaz was.

She wasn't able to eat anything. He couldn't even imagine what she was going through. It must be paining her so much.

"Kitni taqleef mein hai. Kitna Dard ho ra hai uske gale mein. Swelling bhi ho gyi hai aur body pain bhi hai fir bhi use koi dekhe to ye bhi bol sakta ki wo bimar hai. Maathe par ek shikan tak nhi hai. Lag hi ni raha ki iski abhi surgery hone wali hai", Sidharth was just admiring this munchkin who was busy with her phone, instead of looking at the doctor.

He bet that she wouldn't have heard even a single thing of what the doctor said. She was in her own world and didn't care about her diagnosis at all.

Why would she? Why did she need to listen what the doctor said, when Sidharth was sitting right beside him?

Even the doctor knew that Shehnaaz wasn't hearing, so he just kept his eyes only on Sidharth and explained him the whole procedure.

She didn't even worry about anything
She didn't ask him anything about the surgery even when they sat in the car.

Sidharth was bewildered by her ignorant behaviour. He thought about all the times during those 8 years when nobody was with her.

She stayed by herself, although Ahana was here but she didn't stay with her.

So, how did she manage with such carelessness and ignorance towards her surroundings? How was she able to come so far?

Sidharth's thoughts were interrupted with pammi aunty's call. "Hanji mummy, kaise ho aap? Aap ro kyun re ho? Kuch nhi hua hai Sana ko, bass use tonsils huyen hain. Aap bass soch lo ki gala zyada kharab ho gya hai", by now Sidharth called her mummy.