#71

Before anything else, he needs to have his best friend back. He thought a lot and then decided what he can do.

He connected his mobile with the speakers while Shehnaaz was in the kitchen preparing diner. All of a sudden, a loud music started playing.

I' ll be all right
I' ll be all right

I' ll Be All Right
Thu hai Tho Thedi medi rahein
Ulti pulti bhatein
Seedhi lagti hai

He went towards the kitchen and sat on the slab while singing the song while it played. Shehnaaz gasped seeing him. She tried to turn away, but he held both of her wrists and pulled her towards him.

Before she could do anything else, he trapped her between his legs and wrapped his legs around her. She gasped and looked at him disbelief

Thu hai tho jhoothe muteh vaadein
Dushman ke iraade
Sacche Lagtein Hain

She jumped from the slab and twirled Shehnaaz in the kitchen. Sidharth hugged Shehnaaz from behind and made her dance around. He took a slice of the cheese that she had just sliced for preparing the diner.

Shehnaaz slapped his hand away but he just kept on dancing with her. He then took both of her hands in his and bent down to her level and continued singing the song.

Shehnaaz looked at him wide eyed. She was amused by him. He looked so relaxed and carefree while singing and dancing around her.

Jho dil mein taare vaare dhe jaga
Woh thu hi hai Thu hi hai
Jho roote roote dhe hasa
Thu hi hai wohi
Jaane kyun Jaane kyun dil jaanta hai

Sidharth left her hand and danced around her. He was dancing like a joker, and a laugh escaped her mouth. As soon as she laughed, Sidharth looked at her wide eyed and she immediately straightened herself.

Sidharth chuckled at her and shook his head. He continued dancing around her.

Shehnaaz smiled behind his back but quickly suppressed it when he turned towards her.

Jaane kyun Jaane kyun dil jaanta hai
Thu hai tho I' ll be all right
I' ll be all right, I' ll be all right
Jaane kyun dil jaanta hai
Thu hai tho I' ll be all right
I' ll be all right, I' ll be all right

He took her outside in the living area and jumped on the couch. Shehnaaz tried hard to supress a giggle but couldn't.

He sang the lines loudly,

"Jaane kyun dil jaanta hai,
Tu hai to I will be alright!".

Shehnaaz could sense that he was speaking these words from his heart. Her eyes welled up and she looked away.

He made her turn around and cupped her face in his huge hands and kissed her forehead. She really tried hard to not cry but a tear fell out of her eyes almost instantly.

Sidharth rubbed the pad of her thumb and wiped it off immediately. He hugged her but she didn't hug him back. He knew that she won't hug him back but still felt hurt.

She laid down the table and Sidharth helped her too. They had diner in silence. Only the sound of their breathing could be heard.

"Sidharth tum kyun aaye ho?", Shehnaaz asked, breaking the silence.

Sidharth stopped eating and put his spoon down, still looking towards his plate. He was thinking about what he is going to say to him.

The answer was simple and easy, and she knew it. But still it felt so difficult when he had to say it. What should he say when she knew why was he here?