#51

"Will you move in with me as my fiance?", he asked.

"Huh?", Shehnaaz was is a daze. What was he implying?

"Uhhh...ummmm...I mean, Will you marry me?", he asked.

"Huh?", Shehnaaz asked again, not able to register what was happening. Is she hearing him correctly?

"Will you marry me?", Sidharth asked again.

The very next moment, Shehnaaz got up from the bench she was sitting on while Sidharth kept on sitting on his knees, well now in a proposing situation,sitting on his one knee in front of her.

Shehnaaz quickly pinched Sidharth and he screamed, "Ahhh, kya kar ri hai?".

Shehnaaz without answering him, pinched herself, "Ouch!", she screamed and then rubbed her arm.

Sidharth then took a small box from his pocket and opened it in front of her.

"So you are not lying? I mean you are not joking?", Shehnaaz said, still in a daze.

"Of course I am not. Who jokes about a marriage?", Sidharth asked.

"By marriage you mean, shaadi?", she asked, trying to make sense of the words that she just said. What was she even saying?

"Han, Shehnaaz! I mean shaadi!", Sidharth said.

Shehnaaz's POV

Ye subha subha high to ni hai. Bol kya rha hai ye. Its not that I don't want to marry him, I do, I really do. But he has just realised that he loves me, and although I have known it for years, par use to abhi 2 mahine pehle hi realise hua hai.

What if after some days, he thinks it's a bad idea. What if, after some days he thinks that it was too early to get engaged?

I really want to say yes, but would it be impulsive? Is he taking this decision impulsively?

I mean, I just wanted him to ask me out, not propose me. Isne ye forcefully to ni kiya?

I mean I just wanted him to ask me to be his girlfriend, the old fashioned way. I never said that I want him to propose me.

Ye mere pressure mein aake to nhi kar ra kuch? Isne galat to ni samajh liya?

Nhi nhi, meine saaf saaf bola tha ki, ask out maare pehle. I never used the word proposal, or did i?

Shehnaaz jaldi jaldi yaad kar ki tune kya bola tha?

Han, ask out hi bola tha meine!

Personal Bhagwaan ji, I really need you. Sidharth has proposed me, what should I say.

I just desperately want to say yes, but I never would want him to regret his this decision.

Usne agar kabhi life mein aage Jaake, iss decision ko regret kiya, I will never be able to take it.

What if, after some time he feels that we are not compatible and he wants to break it off?

God, there are so many negative 'what ifs'.

There is just one  positive 'what if' too.

(Smiling to herself nervously)

And that is, what if it all works out?

Although, I really don't know the probability of this all working out but it might actually do work out.

We have been best friends for so long and we have fought so many times. Aur hum humesha solve kar lete hain.