#99

"Shehnaaz I know that I screwed up big time that day...

(Shehnaaz tried to interrupt him but he placed a finger on her lips)

Shhhh, baby! Bolne de!

Han, to mujhe pta hai ki meine galat kiya tha uss din but that's what life is.

You commit mistakes and you grow up by learning from them. Meine bhi apni galti se bohot seekha hai.

Tu ye sab bhul kar kya mujhe ek aur chance degi?

What I am trying to say is that like...ummm...as in...i mean...i want to ask!

Oh Fuck it!

Do you want to add another surname, probably 'Shukla', behind your name?

Will you marry me? ", he bent down on a knee in front of her and asked.

She looked at him wide eyes, fully astonished. Is he really doing it and that too in front of 150 cameras.

Oh God, 150 fucking cameras! And a national T.V.!

She is gonna faint. Is she gonna pass out? She hopes she doesn't faint.

That would be so embarrassing, fainting during a proposal and on the telivision. Everybody is going to see them.

Seeing that Shehnaaz wasn't saying anything, he started speaking again.

"Pichli baar when I asked you, humne shaadi ke baare mein socha bhi nhi tha. We were just engaged and that was the end of discussion.

But this time, it's about actual marriage we are talking about. Marriage is going to happen soon!".

Shehnaaz brought her hands over her mouth to cover the astonishment she was feeling.

"Baby cameras?", she mumbled.

Sidharth could see the welled up tears in her eyes. They were on the brink on her eyes, threatening to fall any moment. He smiled at her assuringly, trying to tell her that its all okay.

"Baby, we have hidden all this for too long and its enough!

We shouldn't hide it anymore! Log hum dono ko bohot pyaar karte hain, obviously kuch hain jo Humein pasand nhi karte, but that's a part of life.

There will always be people who don't like you and I was scared of their judgement earlier, but now I am not.

We can not hide it forever and so let's just face it!

You know why I chose this place?

Well, we started back here. We found out friendship in this house. Isiliye, what better place than this? ", he asked.

Shehnaaz bit her lower lip, trying hard not to cry.

"Baby mere ghutne Dard kar re hain, Haan yaan naa bol! Oh nhi nhi nhi nhi! Sirf han hi bol, par jaldi!", Sidharth says while still holding the ring in front of her.

Shehnaaz giggled amidst her soft sobs, which started as soon as she started laughing. She sniffed and nodded.

"Yes! Yes! Yes, yes...yes!", she said in soft whispers and Sidharth smiled at her softly. A tear flowed down his cheek and he quickly wiped it.

Shehnaaz brought her left hand in front of him. He held it and made her wear the ring.

Suddenly, the fire works started and Shehnaaz looked up towards the sky. It looked heavenly and beautiful. The crackers were bursting.

It seemed like the heavens were celebrating their reunion.

Red, blue, yellow, green, there were several colours in the sky. The firework was beautiful.