#122

"Once upon a time, there were two people - a boy and a girl, teenagers...", Sidharth started.

"Humare jaise?",Neha asked.

"Nhi, aapse those se aur bade!", Sidharth said while pinching the nose of both the kids.

The kids giggled and were fully engrossed to know what happened next.

"...they studied in the same school, but not in the same standard. They both became best friends... ", he was interrupted by Adi this time.

"Same standard mein nhi the toh friends kaise bane?", Adi asked.

Shehnaaz smiled softly and she knew what story was Sidharth narrating to the kids. So, instead of him, Shehnaaz answered.

"...unn dono ki mumma kafi achchi friends thi, tof isiliye wo bhi achche friends ban gye.

Jaise aapki mumma aur
Mayra ki mumma friends hain, isiliye aap aur Mayra bhi friends ho!", Shehnaaz explained.

Adi gasped and nodded in understanding. "Fir?", Neha asked.

"Fir, wo dono best friends ban gye!", Sidharth said.

"Aur fir, dono best friends ke beech ek choti si misunderstanding ho gyi!", he continued.

"Mis...derding, wo kya hota hai?", Adi asked not being able to pronounce the full word.

"Misunderstanding, hota hai bachcha!", Sidharth chuckled and she did too.

"Usha Matlab, mtlb, ummmm...aap samajh lo ki jaise chotu si fight ho gyi!", Shehnaaz explained them, not being able to understand how to explain what misunderstandings mean.

"Hawwwww....firrrr?", Neha asked in horror.

"Fir woh dono kuch years ke liye alag ho gye. Wo dono 9 years tak nhi mile!", Sidharth said.

"1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9!", Adi counted the numbers on his fingers and when he realised that 9 years is a huge gap, he gasped.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz got sad too. Yeah, those years were long. Actually, that was the most longest period of their lives.

Those 9 years away from each other, felt like 9 decades and they both didn't know how each of them survived without their best friend.

Shehnaaz still remembers how she would cry herself to sleep everyday, until the tears almost stopped coming out.

Maybe, her tear duct got empty due to so much continuous crying.

Shehnaaz remembers how she stopped eating chocolates and ice creams.

Those two things were her favourite and she couldn't imagine her life without them, but they reminded her of him.

Shehnaaz never threw tantrums in front of anybody. Sidharth was the last person in front of whom she would act weird.

She remembers how she felt that she lost herself when she went away from him.

Sidharth remembers how he would always feel her presence around her every time he went to her home.

That was maybe the biggest reason of why he spent so much time there. He would look at their picture which he took from her room.

Everytime someone mentioned ice cream, he would start think about her.

He remembers how he never ate ice cream after she left, instead of her birthday, when he would get Black current for her and then eat it, trying to feel close to her.

He ate ice cream only once a year, just on 27th January, her birthday.

He remembers how he made waffles and load it with Nutella, the first thing in the morning, on her birthdays for 9 years.