#42

Shehnaaz wasn't indifferent with him at all. It seemed that the confession didn't even happen.

Shehnaaz was laughing around, cracking jokes, offering tea, asking people to have food, and she was talking to him, as if nothing has happened.

It seemed that nothing happened.

"Tune bola?", the trio asked and Shehnaaz nodded, moving away from there to do some other work but they too followed.

"Usne kya bola?", they asked.

"Uske bolne se pehle Maa ka phone aa gya aur mein neeche aa gyi to wo kuch bol hi ni paaya", she said and the trio was disappointed but they didn't show it in front of her.

Sidharth's eyes were continuously on her moving figure. She hadn't stopped moving since the chowki started. She was continuously on her feet making sure that everybody was at ease. She made sure that everybody had food.

Sidharth couldn't help but notice how energitic Shehnaaz is, always. No matter what the situation is, she is almost never dull.

He was worried for her because she hasn't eaten anything the whole day. She was leaving in 2 hours, as it was already 12. She still hasn't even had snacks and she might be hungry.

He asked baaz to go give her some juice. She took the glass but the very next moment, she had to keep it because her supervision was required on something else.

He just sighed in disappointment, being angry and at the same time amazed at this girl who isn't even bothered about herself and is busy attending all the guests.

He himself went towards her and placed the glass of juice in front of her mouth. She kept looking at him, he looked at her.

He brought the glass closer and tilted it towards her mouth, she opened it, still looking straight into his eyes trying to find something in them.

She had just taken a sip when someone called her and she turned around to go but Sidharth stopped her, looking angrily at her. He kept glaring at her, while holding her wrist.

Shehnaaz sighed and understood that he won't let her go until she finished the juice. She finished it in a gulp and then raised eyebrows asking him whether she can go now. Sidharth immediately left her wrist and she went wherever she was going.

It was almost 1:30 now and the chowki was over. Almost all the people had left and Shehnaaz decided that she should also go and change for the airport. She obviously couldn't leave in this heavy outfit which was all shimmery and stone studded.

She was about to go when Maa asked Sidharth to go and drop some relatives at the airport. He didn't want to leave because it would take him an hour and by then Shehnaaz would have left.

"par Maa Shehnaaz chali jaegi tab tak", he said and Maa nodded her head in understanding. But mummy interrupted, "Sidharth puttar tu abhi bye bol de na aur fir nikal ja. Airport pe Jake bhi kya katna hai. Aur neetu puttar tu bhi ja".

Sidharth didn't want to leave but he knew that he had to. Shehnaaz was standing right there listening to all of it and she felt a pang of disappointment hit her.

Would he not come to see her off? She was going for 2 months, would he not want to meet her before that? But she thought that she was being a bit irrational and so she moved towards Sidharth with a smile and hugged him, "Koi ni, tu ja! Mein airport pohonch ke tujhe face time karungi, par utha lena bina chi chik kiye", hearing her Sidharth broke into chuckles and pulled her again for a hug.

"God, what would I do without this girl? She confessed today, but do I feel the same? Obviously I love her, but like that? I don't know, I am not sure and before being fully sure I can not give her false hope. She is going today and will be back in 2 months, but that's too long. She has loved me for so long and it showed in her every action, but still i couldn't find out. Was I too ignorant towards what she was doing for me, maybe that's why I couldn't see how selfless she was being towards me", Sidharth was just thinking all this while leaving with neetu di to drop their relatives at the airport.