#49

Sidharth then disconnected the call with their families and took her to sleep.

She slept in his arms and like always, it was the most peaceful sleep that she could ever get.

His arms always seem like heaven to her and his constantly caressing of her forehead seems like a lullaby.

Sidharth got up earlier that Shehnaaz and went downstairs to prepare her favourite breakfast, waffles with Nutella.

FLASHBACK

It was Shehnaaz's 16th birthday and there was hustle bustle in the Gill mansion.

Shehnaaz was still sleeping and Shukla's were already there to help with the preparations of her birthday.

Sidharth went towards her room to wake her up.

"Moti uth ja!", "Nhi meine ni uthna abhi", a partially sleepy Shehnaaz replied.

"Kyun ni uthna?", he asked.

"Kyunki tujhe kuch nhi pta!", she said with irritation in her voice. "Kya nhi pta?", Sidharth asked.

"Mujhe mere birthday par aise ni uthate!", she whined, her eyes still closed.

"Hain? To kaise uthate hai?", he asked, all confused. "Cake ke sath!", she said.

"Par cake to tune raat ko kaata, abb raat ko fir se kategi! Subha bhi cake?", he asked.

"Tu gadha hai, chup ho! Mera dimag mat kha!", she said covering her ears with a pillow.

Meanwhile, Shehnaaz came singing the birthday song with a plate in his hand. Shehnaaz slowly kept the pillow aside and sneakily tried to see whether he has got what she wanted or not.

When she saw the plate on his hand, she quickly stood up on the bed and squealed in excitement.

"Dekh dhyan se, ise", she asked Sidharth and he did what she asked him to do.

"Oh, waffles covered with Nutella is the kind of cake you wanted right now?", he asked.

"Han!", she said happily and took the knife and fork to eat it.

FLASHBACK ENDS

He obviously isn't going to the room without preparing her waffle cake.

After preparing them, he went towards the room and sang the song, waking her up.

She looked at the waffles and started crying. "Kya hua? Aise hi to chahiye hota hai na tujhe tere birthday pe! Galat kar diya kuch meine?", he asked.

She denied and said while sobbing, "9 saal se koi tha hi ni. To mere liye kisi ne Ye bnaya hi ni! I am following this ritual of having waffles and Nutella after so many years. Bas thoda sa emotional ho gyi hai thi!".

Sidharth put the plate on the bedside table and took her into his arms, "I promise, aaj ke baad se tere har birthday pe yahi hoga! This ritual will be followed on your every birthday! Ek birthday bhi tera uske bina nhi hoga!", he said.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

"Sachchi?"

"Muchchi!", he replied while still hugging her and then they pulled apart so that Shehnaaz can finally have her breakfast.

After she was done, she went towards washroom to freshen up and when she came outside, Sidharth wasn't around.

She then saw a white knee length frock like dress resting on the bed.