#40

Sidharth made Shehnaaz lay on the bed beside him, while he held her close and consoled her. She has still not stopped crying.

She sobbed, hiding her face in his chest and then suddenly she started hitting his chest with her tiny fists asking him why would he not pick up his phone when called.

He tried to explain her about the network issues and she stopped, her hands still on his chest. She cried a bit more.

Sidharth could sense that she was very tired,and when he couldn't hear her sobs, he assumed that now she has stopped crying.

When he looked down towards her, he was met with the most most beautiful scenario of his life.

The tiny little munchkin has already slept in his arms. Even in her sleep, she was clutching his shirt with both of her hands. She has gathered all the portion of the shirt that she could gather in her small hands.

He chuckled looking at her and tried to get out of her hold, but she moved and frowned in her sleep. He thought it would be better if he didn't move.

He pulled her closer through his arm which was wrapped around her waist. He pulled her whole body closer to himself.

She was sleeping so peacefully in his arms with her tear stricken face. He brought the pads of his thumb on her face and removed the tears that were still on her face.

He hugged her sleeping body more tightly, and pulled her flush as closer to him as he could. He felt happy thinking how she was crying for him.

He hasn't ever seem her cry like this. She looked too broken when he entered the room. He was thinking how she looked at him in a daze, trying to make sure that it's actually him and not just a dream.

His thoughts were interrupted when preeti di entered the room. She was about to say something when Sidharth shushed her, pointing towards the sleeping Shehnaaz.

He said in whispers, "Rote rote so gyi. Aap sambhal loge neeche? Kuch bhi karke bol dena ki Shehnaaz yahan rahegi. I didn't want to disturb her. She looked really tired".

Preeti di smiled and nodded. She then came towards Shehnaaz and kept her hand on her forehead, caressing it lovingly.

Sidharth saw, how much in love with Shehnaaz, is his family. Preeti di caressed her forehead for sometime and then a placed a kiss on her head.

She whispered to Sidharth, "Bohot royi hai subha se. Chup hi ni ho ri thi. Kuch khaaya bhi ni hai Sanu ne. Chal subha hi khalegi!".

She smiled and switched off the lights of his room. She then closed the door of his room and left them alone.

Sidharth then pulled the duvet over them with his free hand and kissed her head. He rested his chin on her head and slept.

They both went into deep slumber. In the morning, when the sun rays hit Shehnaaz's face, she woke up. Then she felt something heavy around her. Upon waking up fully, she realised that it was Sidharth's arm.

She blushed seeing their proximity and then remembered yesterday's events.

She was elated seeing him well and sound. He was okay and that was all what she has ever wanted, him to be okay.

She smiled at him him and kept a hand on his cheek, caressing his face. He was scrunching his nose, probably due to the sun rays.

She quickly got up and pulled the blinds so that his sleep doesn't gets disturbed.

She looked at him lovingly and then placed a kiss on his forehead before getting up from the bed.

After some time, Sidharth woke up and realised that Shehnaaz was already up.