James Maddison ~ Leicester City #3

Day 24 of CountDown to Christmas

"What the hell are you wearing?" You asked James as you made your way downstairs with some of your son's presents. You walked downstairs to come face to face with James who was standing there dressed up in a full Father Christmas outfit. The full thing. Glasses, beard, hat, hair, everything. He was going full out for this but your son wouldn't even see him wearing it. Well, hopefully, he won't see James wearing it because he's meant to be in bed fast asleep and hopefully he will stay like that as well.

"I'm Santa Claus," James said like it was obvious. It was pretty obvious to be fair but you were more wondering why he was wearing it, not what he was wearing but you were so shocked that he was actually wearing a Christmas outfit. A Santa one nonetheless.

"I can see that but why?" You asked him. Where the hell had he got one from? Why the hell did he get a Santa costume? He didn't need it.

"For fun," He shrugged. One of the guys had brought it for him for Secret Santa and he didn't want it to go to waste so he might as well use it now.

"You look good though. Sexy with the beard as well," You said running your hand down his beard. Because it was fake it felt really weird. You didn't know if you liked James with a beard or not. Actually, you did. You hated James with a proper beard like this but you wanted him to kiss you and that was the best way to get it. It was also a fun way to do it.

"Really," He said, raising an eyebrow and smirking at you. You could barely see his mouth because his beard was covering his mouth so much but you could tell that he was smirking. That was obvious though because of the look in his eyes.

"Mmmm," You replied to him. He smirked and stepped even closer to you. He placed his hands on your waist and still had that smirk on his face. He leaned in slowly and you closed your eyes leaving them half-open. No matter how many times you've kissed you still feel shy around him when it happens. The heat rises to your cheeks and you get all giggly and nervous. You're a constant mess when he kisses you. You also leaned in meeting James halfway. The warm feeling of his breath, although destabilizing, was inviting. His soft lips touched yours and you immediately relaxed into his touch. You could feel the fake beard against your skin and it was slightly uncomfortable, maybe you didn't want him to get a proper beard. The two of you were so lost within each other that you didn't hear soft footsteps approaching.

"Mummy, why are you kissing Santa?" You heard a little voice speak out. It was quiet but it was definitely there. You and James jumped back from each other and looked towards the door where your son was standing. He was looking at the two of you, clutching his blanket tightly and rubbing his eyes. He was meant to be in bed fast asleep but apparently, he woke up and came down the stairs.

"What are you doing up?" You asked him trying to ignore what he had said hoping that he would also forget what he had said. You moved away from James and towards your son. He held his arms out wanting to picked up so that's what you did. He placed his head on your shoulder and cuddled into you before deciding to speak.

"Too excited for Santa mummy. Went to find you and daddy but not in bed. Where is daddy?" He tiredly said. He was rubbing his eyes a lot just showing how tired he actually was. He's been running around excited all day tiring himself out and it was late by the time you put him to bed because he was too excited and you hoped him being that tired would mean he would be asleep all night. That's not how it works apparently. You sighed knowing that if he didn't go to sleep soon he was going to be grumpy tomorrow considering he was still going to wake up early. You needed to get him back to sleep and as quick as possible.

"I'm sorry bubba. Daddy's had to go out to help one of his mates," You tried to lie to him. You weren't the best at making up lies on the top of your head so you're lucky that your son is so young so won't pick up on it.

"But Santa won't give him any presents because he's not in bed. I'm not in bed. Santa's not going to give me presents," Ethan, your son, said tears falling down his cheeks. You felt so bad and just wanted to make him feel better. It wasn't exactly his fault that he woke up in the middle of the night and neither you nor James was in bed so he came downstairs. You tried to wipe his tears but too many of them were falling so you thought of something that would distract him instead.

"No, don't cry it'll be alright why don't you go and ask Santa?" You asked him before pointing towards James hoping he could help sort this all out. He looked towards James for a minute before turning back to you and nodded his head letting you know that he would speak to Santa. You placed him on the floor and he immediately toddled over to James who had already kneeled on the floor so he was the same height. Ethan walked until he was standing right in front of him. James just wanted to take him into his arms but couldn't unless he wanted Ethan to find out that Santa wasn't real. Ethan's cheeks were red and tear tracks were on his face and it was breaking James' heart that he couldn't comfort him at all.

"Santa," Ethan said when he got to him. He was really quiet so James would have to listen closely to hear what Ethan was saying to him. He was quite a shy kid. To anyone who didn't know him would point out how quiet he is but as soon as you know him he's really loud and excitable. On his energetic days he could probably shout the house down he's so loud.

"Yes?" James asked, making his voice deeper so Ethan didn't recognise him. It would be a complete wreck if he recognised that it was James in the suit.

"Me and Daddy still get presents even not in bed?" Ethan asked shyly. James waited for a minute before replying, pretending that he was thinking about an answer.

"Maybe if you get to bed soon," James replied to him and Ethan immediately nodded his head in agreement. Maybe you should just get Sanat around every time you need Ethan to agree with something because he easily agrees with Santa but has to put up a fight with you and James.

"You promise?" He asked lip wobbling like James was lying to him.

"I promise," James smiled, putting his pinky out for a pinky promise. Ethan wrapped his pinky around it. A pinky promise can't be broken and no matter how young Ethan is he already knows how important a pinky promise is and that you can never break a pinky promise. He knew that Santa was telling the truth with a pinky promise. He also reached over to tickle Ethan making him burst out into fits of laughter.

"Anyway I better get going to deliver more presents to other children and go see my reindeers," James said trying to think of everything to get Ethan to go to bed.

"Okay goodbye," Ethan said to him, just standing there. James thought that he would've at least got a hug but he understood. Sanat was a stranger to Ethan and both himself and you had taught him not to hug strangers or trust them. You were proper strict on teaching him stranger danger especially because of who James was and how well known James is.

"Goodbye," James said, holding his hand up so Ethan could give him a high-five which he did.

Ethan watched as James left the house and continued to wave. Since he was watching James actually had to leave the house and walk down the street with the Santa outfit on. You had to resist the urge to record him and post it on social media because you had to deal with Ethan. You walked up behind him and picked him up and turned him around so you could carry him properly to bed. Ethan gladly went with you really tired now.

"Ready to go back to bed?" You asked him. He tiredly nodded his head against your neck and let out a breath against your neck before pushing himself up to look at you.

"Mummy, why were you kissing Santa when I came down?" You just groaned in annoyance but still carried Ethan to bed before placing him in it and pulling the cover-up. He was going to ask again tomorrow and you knew that but you would wait till tomorrow. Stupid James for wearing that stupid outfit.