Luke Shaw ~ Manchester United

Requested by Sop_Martini
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
"Hey Sophia, I've been invited to this dinner with the England team and there partners and I know we haven't been dating for long and you've never met any of them but I was wondering if you wanted to come." Luke rambled on hoping Sophia would actually come with him. Sophia just stood there in shock that she got asked to go. She knew she should but there was a small problem that may not be so small. Sophia's ex would be there at the dinner and the two of them didn't exactly end on good terms as both parties were hurt in the process of the break up even if both of them knew it was for the better. Luke took the silence for a no.

"It's okay if you don't, I understand" Luke said trying to smile but Sophia could see the disappointment behind it.

"I do want to go... It's just that it may be a bit awkward" Sophia said knowing that she would have to tell Luke about her ex if she ever wanted this relationship to go further which she does. If she ever wanted to meet his teammates she would also have to tell him about her ex.

"Why would it be awkward?" Luke asked confused with what Sophia was going on about because as far as he knew Sophia didn't know anyone from the England team.

"Before I dated you I used to date John Stones and it didn't exactly end well. I don't really want to take my problems somewhere were other people are who don't know me." Sophia replied. Luke just like her in shock. He couldn't believe that she used to date John and he didn't know. Why didn't she say anything? Why didn't he say anything when they were dating? So many questions were running a thousand miles per hour but he couldn't concentrate on them now.

"Okay, I understand if you don't want to go then" Luke said once again. Luke couldn't help but feel a little disappointment if Sophia didn't want to come because he really wanted her to but he did understand if she didn't want to. Luke could only dread about being in a room with his ex for that long.

"I'll go" Sophia blurted out before she could stop herself.

"But I'm not going anywhere near him" Sophia continued. A smile spread over Luke's face once again knowing that Sophia would go with him.

"Thank you" Luke said kissing Sophia softly and Sophia couldn't help the smile spread over her face from making Luke happy even if she was slightly nervous about having to face John again for the first time after their break-up.

Sophia was sat in her hotel room bathroom, since they weren't in Manchester her and Luke were sharing a room so she couldn't think in the bedroom without Luke thinking that something was wrong. She was still hesitant to go not wanting to make it awkward but Luke didn't stop insisting that she came with him. Sophia knew Luke would want to leave soon so she didn't have long to get over it. The nerves wouldn't stop taking over.

"Sophia we're leaving in 5 minutes" Luke shouted through the door and Sophia looked at herself in the mirror and decided that she had to to this. She would have to meet the guys sooner or later and she knew the guys would include John. Sophia knew she would rather get it over now.

Sophia picked herself up and walked out of the bathroom to where Luke was.

"You look beautiful" Luke said. Sophia smiled shyly back at him.

"Thank you" Sophia replied.

"Everything will be fine" Luke said knowing the inner battle Sophia was having with herself.

"I will stay with you the whole time if it will make you more comfortable and you don't have to speak to him if you feel like it will be awkward." Luke continued.

"Thank you" Sophia smiled kissing Luke's cheek. Luke held her hand and they walked out of the hotel room towards the car so they could go to the venue.

"Just stay close to me and if he bothers you tell me." Luke said taking Sophia's hand into his for some comfort. Sophia looked at him and briefly kissed his lips to show how thankful she was for him. Luke pulled Sophia through the doors to the hall where all of the guys and there partners were. Sophia scanned to room to see if she could see John because if she could she would try to avoid that section as long as possible but as she scanned the room she couldn't see him anywhere. Sophia met most of the team and the night was running smoothly since she hadn't bumped into him yet.

Sophia was just talking to some of the women when she heard a voice from the other side of the room and Sophia started to instantly pale.

"Sorry I'm late something came up" the voice could be heard from across the room. All the guys went over to John to welcome him and after look did he went straight to Sophia to check how she was doing. Sophia didn't go to say hello to John and Luke managed to keep her away from him as he knew that she really didn't want to see him.

When John and Sophia did eventually meet and talk again Luke was stood next to Sophia the whole time to make sure that she was comfortable. His arm was around Sophia's waist the whole time. The conversation was awkward but that was obvious and Sophia knew that they would never be friends and they would only talk if they had to. Sophia was glad that, that was the only awkward moment of the whole night and that she actually enjoyed herself of meeting Luke's teammates.

"Thank you for inviting me" Sophia said kissing Luke.

"No problem" Luke said returning the kiss.