Frenkie De Jong ~ FC Barcelona #3

Day 8 of CountDown to Christmas

"Frenkie, Christmas is coming and we haven't got a tree," You stated walking into the living room. You were sorting out all of the Christmas decorations out, so chucking out all of the old and broken ones that you wouldn't use and throwing out the ones that you didn't like the look of. This was something you did every year just so there wasn't so many of them. There were new ones as well that weren't even opened yet so obviously you had brought them last year when they were all on sale and couldn't use them because Christmas was over. You went through them though to make sure that you wanted them all and put them in the box so you know where they were when you and Frenkie went to put it all up. Whilst you were going through them you noticed that you hadn't seen a Christmas tree yet. You could've sworn that you had one last year and you can't remember throwing it away but you must've since you can't find it anywhere. You couldn't put up Christmas decorations without a Christmas tree.

"Y/N, we still have a while until Christmas don't worry about it," Frenkie said, not really caring about it. You looked at him in shock. Your mouth was open, shocked that he didn't care. Did he not care about Christmas? You need to get a Christmas tree now. Don't worry about it, he says. It's 17 days until Christmas and the two of you still don't have a Christmas tree. A fake one nor a real one. At this point, you didn't care whether or not you got a real one. You just wanted a tree up in your living room and decorated and presents underneath it. It didn't feel like Christmas yet and you needed the decorations up to make it feel like Christmas. After this year you just wanted a nice Christmas. It was the only thing to really look forward to and this year has been this bad it has to be a good Christmas. Therefore you need a Christmas tree.

"We need a Christmas tree Frenkie," You whined while taking a seat next to him. You looked around the living room and at the moment it looked really bare. Usually this time of the year you have got the decorations up or at least started to put them up but for some reason this year you haven't even though most people put them up weeks ago. You and Frenkie had cleaned out the living room and the rest of the house to make room for the decorations that will soon be up. Hopefully, it will be up within the next week. Firstly you need a tree.

"Okay. We can go one day this week," Frenkie said to you. You nodded your head and grabbed your phone. You were trying to see the best place nearby you that sells either real or fake Christmas trees. The closest place that is open all day tomorrow. There were a couple of places so you decided to click on the one with the best reviews.

"There's a Christmas tree farm nearby. We can go tomorrow since you don't have training or anything," Frenkie looked at you for a couple of seconds before nodding his head knowing that you wouldn't give up on it and would probably go by yourself. At least if he goes then he can have some say in the tree and make sure that you don't get a massive one that either won't fit or will struggle to fit in the house. He'd rather not see you trying to drag in a 10 ft tree into the house where it won't fit. It would be amusing but also annoying. You would definitely try to get the biggest tree if he left you alone and he wasn't allowing that to happen. The tree had to at least fit in the house and be able to stand without having to bend at all. He was going to have to measure the room and then the tree just to make sure it would fit, wouldn't he. Once again you got up off of the sofa to deal with the boxes of decorations and got them ready so you could actually decorate.

The following day you and Frenkie, after he went training, got dressed and into the car to go to the Christmas tree farm to get the perfect tree. You already had an image of what the perfect tree would look like and it wouldn't be likely there would be a perfect one since it was late but you had hoped there would be a perfect one for you and Frenkie. Once you got there it was relatively quiet which made you happy because nobody would be around whilst the two of you are looking. There was Christmas music being played through speakers which were located all around which would make it better because you could enjoy it. Occasionally you and Frenkie would sing along quietly to it as well.