Paulo Dybala ~ Juventus #2

Day 22 of CountDown to Christmas

"For god's sake," You said to yourself when you read the board that informed you that your flight home had just got cancelled. Christmas was in a couple of days and there was a snowstorm coming so there would probably be no other flights. Stuck in a country where you don't really know anyone for Christmas. Great. You were only in Turin for a job and now you couldn't get home for Christmas. Stupid job. What were you meant to do? You can't stay in the airport for Christmas and you bet every hotel nearby is fully booked up by now. Everyone around you was on their phones probably frantically calling people. You slumped down on one of the seats and pulled your coat further up wanting to just hide.

"Y/N," You heard someone say from behind you. Luckily just before you had a meltdown as well so they managed to stop that from happening. Not knowing if they were calling you or not you turned around just in case they were.

"Paulo," You said. He had a small smile on his face and his suitcase next to him as well like he was meant to be going somewhere as well today but that probably got cancelled as well. At least he has a house in Turin so he won't either have to stay in the airport over Christmas or a random hotel. You walked over to him and wrapped him in a hug really needing some sort of comfort right now knowing that you weren't going home for Christmas. You needed some comfort right now and Paulo was there and offering it. His arms instantly wrapped around you. You could feel the tears building in your eyes but you wouldn't let them fall. Paulo's hand ran through your hair making you relax. He could probably tell that you were tense.

You and Paulo were somewhat friends but also somewhat dating. A few months ago he had slid into your DM's and the two instantly started talking. He knew your Instagram because you had worked with him before but had only gained the courage a few months to actually message you. A few weeks after your job had asked you to fly to Turin and whilst you were there the two of you had your first date. You had a great time and the two of you have continued to talk and FaceTime each other getting to know each other better but you haven't managed to meet up again since. The two of you had been busy and unable to visit each other but you're with each other now. Maybe you could meet up over the time you're still stuck here.

"What are you doing here?" He asked you. Obviously, he knew that you were meant to be getting a flight but he was wondering why you were in Turin in the first place. In Turin and you didn't tell him.

"Was meant to be flying home for Christmas after finishing my job here but now the flight is cancelled," You explained sitting back down on the seat that you were on before. The seat next to you was empty so Paulo took a seat making sure to bring his suitcase with him not risking leaving it. You were lucky that there were two seats next to each other considering how many people were around. His hand made its way to yours and just held it tightly. You felt somewhat calm with Paulo near.

"Yeah I was meant to be going home to Argentina for Christmas but it doesn't seem to be happening now," Paulo groaned. You looked at him sympathetically knowing that he doesn't really get the opportunity to go back to Argentina and relax often. He had told you how excited he was for the holiday and to go and see his family again but now the flights have all got cancelled. Guess both of you were in the same boat of not being able to see your families for Christmas. It was silent for a bit the both of you not knowing what to say or just thinking. Well, the two of you were silent. The rest of the airport was manic. You could hear people screaming, crying, apologising. It was an absolute mess in the airport which was understandable since every flight had been cancelled so they were all panicking. You were surprised that Paulo was still sitting here in the airport with you. He could've already left yet he hasn't. You didn't know what the reasoning was to why he was still here but you were thankful for it. You didn't want to be alone sitting in the airport. Paulo was still holding your hand tightly when you grabbed your phone out and messaged your family letting them know that you won't be home for Christmas before putting your phone away again not wanting to see their disappointing replies.

"What are you still doing here anyway?" You asked him not being able to keep quiet about anything.

"You have a house that you can go back to so why are you still sitting here in the airport," You continued to say.

"I got a taxi here and I've booked another one but with the number of people here it said that it may take a while," He explained to you. You nodded your head understanding why he had to wait. If there were no hotels around that had any rooms then the taxis must be full picking people up and dropping them off. Paulo must wish he had driven himself earlier now. This left the two of you in silence again. It was strange being with him in person again when you've facetimed nearly every day since your first date so you were both trying to get over that.

"You can stay with me over Christmas if you like?" Paulo suddenly asked you.

"I can't intrude like that," You stated. You appreciated the offer though but you couldn't take it. You couldn't intrude on Paulo's privacy like that even if he has invited you. You've only met him a couple of times before so won't it be weird to live with him for a couple of days (probably more than that) and spend Christmas with him when Christmas is a time to spend with the ones you love.

"It's better than me spending it alone and you spending it in an airport and alone. At least we can spend Christmas with somebody," Paulo explained. You were thinking about it and it made a lot of sense. It would save you a lot of energy as well because you wouldn't have to go and find a hotel which has room left. Maybe you and Paulo could get closer during this time as well.

"Okay," You finally said, agreeing to go home with him.

"Really," He asked like he was expecting you to argue against him again.

"Yeah," You said, smiling. He smiled brightly at you and leaned in to kiss you. It didn't matter that there were many people around he still kissed you like it was your last kiss. You were both mindful of the people around though making sure not to deepen it too much. You didn't stop though. You didn't want to stop enjoying the feeling of his lips against yours. His lips were so soft. He only pulled away when he felt his phone vibrate from inside his pocket.

"The taxi's outside. You coming?" He told you standing up and grabbing his suitcase. You instantly followed him and grabbed your suitcase so the two of you could walk to the taxi. He took your hand and started guiding you through the many people making sure that you didn't get lost. You weren't paying attention to where you were going, you only paid attention to the feeling of his hand against yours. Also, you were replaying the kiss in your head over and over again hoping you could do that again when you get to where he lives.

Maybe having your flight cancelled wasn't such a bad thing. You get to spend more time with Paulo and hopefully get something out of it. It would all work out fine. Except for the fact you don't have enough clothes to last considering you were only meant to be in Italy a couple of days. You can borrow Paulo's, he should be too bothered by it and you're betting that his clothes are comfy. Yeah, a cancelled flight wasn't the worst thing that could've happened.