Paulo Gazzaniga ~ Tottenham Hotspur

Day 17 of CountDown to Christmas
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Writing letters to Santa. It was one of the things that you enjoyed most as a kid because you got to look through a catalogue and circle and cut out everything you wanted. It wasn't just everything that you wanted though you near enough cut out all of the catalogues just having fun with it. Today you decided it was time for your children to write letters to Santa. You knew it was a little bit late considering Christmas was in 8 days until Christmas but you had other things to do so you were going it now. Santiago and Lucas were just sat at the dining room table with catalogues all around them which were quite hard to get considering not a lot of shops have them nowadays since everything was online. You were there on your computer doing some other work and if your children wanted you to google something you could easily do it for them. There were Christmas songs in the background and it was just a calming way to end the day. It was getting close to bedtime but they wanted to wait for Paulo and they still had just over an hour till their usual bedtime routine starts. You just needed to keep them calm or else they would be up all night and you couldn't deal with that and apparently writing letters to Santa and listening to Christmas music was calming to them.

"Mummy, mummy look at this," Santiago said to you holding a picture up in front of your face. You had to move it back a little bit because the picture was so close to your face so you couldn't see it. He looked so proud of himself for cutting out whatever he cut out even though he did cut the picture of the toy in half. He was trying though and that was the main thing. He was also writing but the words were near enough illegible so you couldn't really read what he was writing. You could tell that he attempted to write his name at the top but that was it.

"Wow is that what you want?" You asked him. Santiago nodded his head enthusiastically. You didn't even know what the picture was of and if it was a toy you had no idea what it does and it's highly likely that he doesn't even know what it is himself. Lucas was also cutting out pictures of things that he didn't know what they were but he was also writing an actual list and Lucas' writing was legible so you could make out some of the things he wanted. Most of the things he was writing you already had got him since he's been asking for them for months. Lucas was telling you a story about what happened at school and you listened asking him questions every so often which he answered with just as much enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Santiago got hold of a pen and started drawing all over himself mainly on his face.

"Santiago." You said accidentally cutting Lucas off but quickly continued the conversation with him. You also had to go and get a cloth to wipe off all of the pen which somehow happened to be a lot. He was whining as you scrubbed his face but you didn't stop knowing that you had to get it off of his face or else it would stay there. You also had to get it all off before Paulo came home because he would not be impressed if he came home and there was pen everywhere especially on the table and Santiago's face.

"Daddy's home," Lucas shouted jumping off of his seat not even bothering to finish his sentence as soon as he heard the front door open and running to where the front door was because that's where Paulo was. You heard them have a little conversation but it didn't take long until they came back into the dining room with Paulo holding him in his arms. You smiled at Paulo to say hello and he smiled back. You would give him a proper hello later but at the moment it was time for him and the kids to spend some time together since they haven't seen him since last night because of school and training. Well, Lucas hasn't seen him since yesterday, Santiago saw him this morning since he's too young to go to school so Paulo dropped him to nursery before he had training.

"Daddy we're writing letters to Santa, you do one," Santiago told him showing him his letter to Santa then giving him a piece of paper and pencil so he could write a list. Paulo took the pen and pencil before placing Lucas down so he could go to his seat. Paulo walked around the table and kissed your forehead asking if you were alright before taking a seat. You watched as the kids gave Paulo the catalogue and he just cut out random stuff and stuck them onto his paper pretending that he wanted that. You laughed at all of the idiotic things that Paulo was writing on the letter to Santa. As Paulo was writing it you read parts of it and you had to stop yourself from laughing out loud at the stupidness of it. Luckily none of your children could understand what Paulo was writing or else it wouldn't go down well. You could see that he was really getting into his writing so you kicked him underneath the table to get him to stop. He gave you that stupid smirk before turning to Santiago and Lucas to have a conversation with them.