Tyrone Mings ~ Aston Villa #2

Day 16 of CountDown to Christmas

"Daddy's got training today so what do you want to do?" You asked your daughter, Aaliyah, in the morning. The two of you were just relaxing. You were watching TV and going on your phone answering messages and emails that were somewhat important whilst she was colouring in some pictures from one of the many colouring books that she has. You were kind of bored just sitting there watching TV and you knew that it wouldn't be long till Aaliyah gets bored and wants to do something so you better ask her now so you can get it all sorted. It was too cold to go outside so it would have to be something that you can do inside. You need to keep her entertained and busy so she doesn't ask and complain about Tyrone. Well until Tyrone comes back anyway considering it's only a short training session today but nonetheless he's still at training. She's a proper daddy's girl and hates it when Tyrone isn't about so half the time Tyrone has to sneak out. If you keep her busy though she won't notice that Tyrone has gone.

"Make cookies," She said stubbornly. Internally you groaned at the thought of having to bake and it would end up being a massive mess that you would have to clean up after. You knew though that Aaliyah loved baking so it only made sense that she would pick that to do. If she loves baking then you will do it and gladly clean up after. The other thing she might have picked would be painting and that would also end in a mess at least with baking you can eat the food after.

"Christmas cookies?" You asked her considering it was nearing Christmas now and it made a lot of sense to make Christmas cookies. You know that you have Christmas cutouts so you can make them all Christmassy.

"For Santa," She asked you innocently. You found it adorable when she would ask about Santa and his reindeers and would want to make food for them to make sure they're all looked after. You knew that it wouldn't last forever so you made sure to take it all in.

"Yes for Santa," You replied standing up, making sure to turn the TV off, before making your way to the kitchen to get everything ready so she could make the cookies. Aaliyah knew that you had to get everything ready before she could help so she stayed sat on the floor and continued to colour waiting for you to call her name.

"Come on Aaliyah," You shouted when you had everything laid out so it was easy for her to see and grab. When she heard her name she quickly cleaned up all of her colouring stuff putting it back where she got it from. and put it back to where she got it from. She knows that before she can do anything else she has to clean up what she was playing with. For this reason, the house is always relatively clean. It didn't take long to clean as well because she never gets a lot out so it wasn't long till she was in the kitchen with you.

"Wash your hands," You said to her. She grabbed her stool and carried it to the sink so she could wash her hands without needing help. She dried them before walking over to where you were standing. You moved a chair so she could stand on that to help easier. Standing on the chair she could actually reach the side fine. You allowed Aaliyah to do most of it, you only measured it and allowed her to pour it all into the bowl and mix it together. Yes, you had to do it a little bit but she mostly did it. You had to also roll it out because that was too difficult but you hardly did anything allowing Aaliyah to have some fun even if she was making a massive mess. She pressed the cookie cutters into it whilst you placed them onto the baking tray so they wouldn't break. Once all of that was done you placed them into the oven for her considering it was hot and you'd rather her not go anywhere near the oven.

"Right so now we have to wait for them to cook and cool down before decoration so do you want to watch a film?" You asked her trying to think of something that she could do during the time that she would have to wait and something that would keep her mind occupied whilst they bake. If you didn't keep her mind occupied no doubt she would continue to ask you 'when are they done?' or 'Can we get them out now?' and a bunch of other questions so you had to make her do something and a film was the first thing to come to your head. She was a mess, covered in flour, sugar and some other stuff but you decided to wait till after the decorating to bathe and change her knowing she would only go and get messy again during decorating. You did, however, wipe her down quickly with a wet wipe not wanting to get it everywhere in the house because you already have to clean up the kitchen which is a mess. She placed her hand on her chin and had her 'thinking' face on to think if she wanted to watch a film and what film she wanted to watch.