Harry Cornick ~ Luton Town

Requested by @Football_girl24
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Harry has been begging Emily all week to go to his game at the weekend and all week Emily had told him that she had to work. That boy though. He wasn't a boy but anyway. Somehow he managed to get Emily the day off of work, god knows how but he did, just so she could go to the game. She didn't know why Harry really wanted her to go to this game because she goes to most of them but he was consistent with this match. Somehow he used that charm of his to get the day off for her. She had her CORNICK top on with a pair of jeans only wanting to go simple and she intently watched the first half from the stands.

The first half was a tense one but Luton Town was coming out on top by 2 goals to nil but Brentford has had a number of chances but fortunately, they didn't get put away leaving them with no goals. Luckily. Harry had even scored a goal leaving her ecstatic. He wasn't known for scoring very often so when he did it was a massive occasion. Emily always felt most proud of him when he scored. She kept replaying the goal over and over in her head. She was in her own little world when she heard her name from the announcer.

"Can Emily L/N make her way to the pitch please?" The announcer said. Emily looked around shocked before making her way to the pitch. She was the only one on it for a couple of seconds before Harry came through the tunnel and straight towards her. She noticed that in one hand he had a microphone and something else which she couldn't quite make out on the other hand. She was a curious person so wanted to know. She kept her eyes solely on Harry not caring about anything else as he walked over to her with a small smile on his face but also nerves. Emily could tell how nervous he was before he opened his mouth but she couldn't figure out why. He was stood right in front of her before pulling the microphone up to his mouth and began to speak. Emily knew that they were on the big screen but with Harry stood in front of her she couldn't find herself to really care about that.

"Emily L/N, 4 years ago you captured my heart by being exactly who you are. The sweetest, most loving, compassionate and sensitive person that I have ever known. You have been my very best friend through the good and the bad. You have been the reason that I smile and you have given comfort beyond measure when I have cried. You have believed in me when no one else would, and you have shown me how to love with passion, purity and unconditional acceptance. I'm not sure a lifetime is long enough to return all you have given to me, but I promise the rest of my days I'll spend by your side. To laugh with you and cry with you, to believe in you and support you. In poverty, I promise to do everything to make our love rich, and in wealth to never let our love grow poor. Together we are better than we could ever hope to be alone, and one day soon I promise to make sure I give you my love, my trust, and my fidelity forever. You will always be the best part of my day no matter what happens. I promise to make it true on paper which no one can break one day but that truly comes down to you and your own decision." Harry said swallowing a lump in his throat. The more he spoke the more nervous that he felt because he knew that sometime soon he would actually have to get to the question that he's wanted to ask for months, maybe even over a year now. He didn't want to push it but now just felt right and he was ready. He bent down on one knee and struggled to open the box with one hand but somehow managed to show the most beautiful ring. It wasn't massive and out there but it a nice size and would easily go with most outfits.

"So Emily, will you do me the honour and marry me?" Harry finished into the microphone. She placed her hands over her mouth completely shocked. She and Harry had obviously spoken about their future together but Emily never expected him to propose let alone this way in front of the crowd and all his teammates. She thought it would be a small thing just between the two of them but this was just as special. At a place that meant so much to both of them. In a way, it meant more and there was no way that Emily would forget this proposal. Especially that speech.

"Yes, thousand times yes," Emily said nodding her head like a mad person. Harry placed the microphone on the floor before grabbing the ring and placing it on the correct finger. He quickly got up and pulled Emily into a kiss. The guys could be heard screaming and shouting from the tunnel and pulling away from Harry's lips Emily couldn't help but let out a little laugh at their reactions. They always go over the top with everything but Emily couldn't imagine any better teammates for Harry. They were literally the craziest but funniest people to hang around with.

"How are you going to top that speech at the wedding?" Emily said into his ear. That proposal speech was one of the best that Emily has ever heard there was no way that he could top that on the wedding day. Given that he still had over a year probably to write it and perfect it there was no way that anything could top this one.

"You'll see," Harry said winking before grabbing Emily's hand and walking towards the tunnel. It wouldn't be long until the second half would start so he thought it would be best to start to walk towards the tunnel. The closer the two of them got the louder the guys cheered and Harry just rolled his eyes at them knowing what they were like.

"Go and win this game," Emily whispered in his ear when they made it to the tunnel before kissing him one last time and walking back to her seat. She saw Harry grinning like a madman and all of his teammates patted him on the back but as soon as that whistle blew it all left his face and mind just wanting to go and win this game for his fiancée. Emily watched the game from the stands watching her fiancée closely wanting him to score another goal. She would never get used to calling him that. He was her fiancée and soon they would be planning their wedding together and their future.