Marcus Rashford ~ Manchester United #2

Day 5 of CountDown to Christmas

Most people want a summer wedding. A wedding at the beach in the sun with the heat probably in the Bahamas or something. That's usually their dream anyway. Yours wasn't. You always wanted a winter wedding. A wedding near Christmas in the snow with close family. You wanted it in another country to make sure that there was snow knowing how unlikely it is to snow in England. You love Christmas and that's probably why you've always wanted a winter wedding near Christmas your whole life. Christmas is just a magical time of the year so the wedding should also be magical. Marcus made that dream become a reality well apart from the different country because he couldn't travel because of football commitments. December is a busy month for football so it was a struggle to find the date to put on the wedding but you also didn't want to change your mind. You have no idea how you found the time for the wedding but you did and the day has finally arrived.

You and Marcus were getting married outside and people had spent all week decorating. The after-party was inside and also very decorated Christmassy as well. Christmas was coming up so it only made sense to decorate everything with Christmas decorations. You knew what the decorations were since you had picked them out but you hadn't seen them up yet and you were excited to actually see what it was going to look like.

Right now though you were in your room getting ready for the wedding and Marcus was in a whole different room also getting ready. Even though you knew that it was a tradition to be separate up to the moment you get married you still want to see Marcus missing him like hell. Who's idea was it anyway that they have to be separate the night before their wedding? It's a stupid idea. You just want to go to Marcus and wrap yourself up in his arms but no.

"I'm nervous," You breathed out to yourself. You felt sick thinking about what was going to happen today. You wanted it to happen but still felt sick. You were looking in the mirror at yourself in your wedding dress and white fluffy jacket you had on for the moment because it was cold. Your hair and makeup were done and you were left alone in your room with just your thoughts which isn't exactly a good thing. It wasn't that you looked bad you felt good and knew that you looked good but something was making you nervous. You knew that Marcus wouldn't back out of the wedding but it was still a nerve-wracking thing to think about. There was that constant 'what if' factor that you couldn't get out of your head. You wish you could but it doesn't work like that. You wanted to see Marcus to see if he was as nervous as you were feeling but apparently, that wasn't allowed to happen. They'd even take your phone off of you so you couldn't even message or calm him. You felt like you needed to hear his voice to calm down your nerves though. You were just staring at yourself in the mirror when a couple of your family members walked into the room also dressed for the wedding.

"You okay?" One of them asked you as they came over to you. They could probably tell by the look on your face that something was wrong. You let out a breath that you didn't know you were holding and nodded your head in response.

"Nervous," You replied, fidgeting with some of the jewellery that you were wearing. It was a nervous habit that you had and usually, you do it to take your mind off of whatever else was happening but it's an easy way for people to tell that you're nervous.

"It's a good thing that you're nervous, it means that you care about him and about this. If you weren't nervous I would be more concerned. Trust me Marcus is just as nervous," They told you. Hearing that Marcus was also just as nervous made you feel better knowing that you weren't the only one feeling like this. Also hearing that you should be nervous because you care about it made sense and made you relax a little bit. Still nervous but more relaxed than you were before. You sat on the sofa and just talked to your family waiting for the moment to arrive.