Marco Asensio ~ Real Madrid #3

Day 21 of CountDown to Christmas
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Christmas parties were happening everywhere considering it was getting closer to Christmas. You had been invited to a few but turned them down not really being in a party mood. You weren't a huge fan of party's anyway a large number of people who turned up made you uncomfortable especially when you didn't know all of them. You like to know everyone who you hang around with or else you will be on constant edge not trusting them. Also your own company kind of seemed better than random strangers right now. You were just lying on your sofa going through the messages on your phone from people inviting you to different party's making up different excuses to why you couldn't go to them.

"Y/N," Marco said just walking into your house without having been invited in. He did this a lot. Majority of the time that he came to your house he just let himself in without knocking or letting you know it advance. It didn't bother you that much although sometimes he did burst through at the most inconvenient times. You didn't answer him just continued to lie on the sofa letting him find you himself. It wasn't that hard though since the TV was playing and your house wasn't that big so it didn't take long. You watched him as he walked into your living room and push your feet off the sofa so he could take a seat there. He just sat there for a minute trying to figure out the right words to use when he realised that there were no right words that he could use.

"So my ex has invited me to her Christmas party and I need you to come and pretend to be my fiancé," Marco said not looking at you. He knew that he wouldn't be able to look at you and tell you what he needed to tell you. You and he were best friends and have been for years and you've stuck by him with all of the difficult times. You just stared at him gaping not knowing what to say. He's asked you to go to parties with him but never to act like his fiancé or girlfriend just as friends.

"Why?" You asked once the words that he told you had processed through. You don't know whether you asked why to why his ex invited him to a party or why you had to act like his fiancé.

"She has this new boyfriend and everything an I maybe mentioned that I have a fiancé and she said that we should go to her Christmas party," Marco said. He was playing with his hands a lot. A habit that he picked up and always done when he was nervous. He was probably nervous that you would say no and then he would have to go to the party and explain to his ex why his fiancé wasn't with him. You could tell that Marco still had slight feelings for his ex and the only reason they broke up was because of her. It wasn't a good relationship and you could see that but Marco was too blind in love to see it. They say love is blind and it is. You just wanted to help Marco get better in any way that you could.

"When is it?" You sighed out. Not agreeing to it but not exactly telling him no. You had trouble saying no to Marco so it was highly likely that you would actually go to that party with him and pretend to be his fiancé. You looked at Marco probably and for the first time noticed that he had jeans on and a nice shirt so by your observation you probably wouldn't like this answer.

"Tonight," Marco said sheepishly. You just stared at him in shock. The party was tonight and he was only just telling you about it now. You just shook your head and stood up and went to your bedroom so you could begin getting ready because it was 4 o'clock and knowing Marco the party starts at 6. You still needed to shower, decide what to wear and get your hair and make-up done. Marco would just stay sat on your sofa watching some TV knowing that it would take you a while to get ready. You were a perfectionist for things like this. Another reason why you said no to all of those parties earlier. You got in the shower and played some music from your phone singing along to it like you were performing a full-on concert in your shower. You were in there for a while because of the concert you were performing but as soon as the concert was done and you washed yourself and your hair you finally got out of the warmth of the shower and into the cold. You picked out an outfit making sure that it matches what Marco was wearing because that would make you dating more believable. Or so you thought it would. You found the perfect dress where and the perfect shoes to go with it. The dress easily matches what Marco was wearing and it was one of your favourites to wear when going out so you knew that you would be comfortable in it. You put it on and started to do your hair which needed drying before you could even attempt to style it and whilst you were doing this Marco decided to burst into your room.