Riyad Mahrez ~ Manchester City

Requested by @Talia4orrester
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Riyad was absolutely devastated. How could he not be? He never had expected this to happen. He was getting a divorce and of course he was hurt. He could believe at what happened to lead to the divorce. He though they were in love but apparently not. There was no way that Riyad was going to get into another relationship no matter what happened he couldn't. He probably couldn't even trust another girl after what happened. He vows that he will never date another girl because he couldn't deal with another heartbreak.

A couple months after the divorce Zee was in the room sorting out all of the paper work that she had there to show her what she would be doing and where they would be going. The paper work showed her everybody that she would have to help speak Arabic and also showed her the countries and their languages that she may have to help the team translate to. Some of the guys as they came into the camp said hello whilst others just waved and Zee waved back to them. She was quite good friends with majority of the boys because the amount of time that she has spent with some of them over the years. The only one that Zee isn't that close with it Riyad and that's because he became closed off after the divorce.

Zee couldn't stop thinking of Riyad though that was the problem. She has had a crush on him since she first met him even though he was married. There was just something about him that Zee really liked but he was off limits. She had no problems hiding her feelings though.

Zee hid those feelings for a long time and they only came up again when Riyad staring gaining feelings. Riyad went up to do a press conference and Zee was next to him getting ready to translate anything that he needed to be translated. Every time Zee was near Riyad he looked uncomfortable and like he didn't want to be near her. Everyone just put it down to the fact that he was still heartbroken and couldn't be around women much. Other then looking uncomfortable around Zee, Riyad didn't pay much attention to her not really caring. He only needed her to translate for him and that was it so he didn't see a reason that he needed to get to know her well.

Zee just looked over at Riyad and helped translate the sentences that he didn't understand. She also had to translate what Riyad had said into Arabic so the publicists could understand what he was saying. As soon as the press conference finished Riyad walked straight off and towards the rooms. This is what he seemed to do majority of the time only spending some time with his teammates.

"We're going out for a team meal tonight" Djamel Belmadi said before Riyad could walk out of the room.

"What time?" Riyad asked wanting to know the answer that everyone wanted to know.

"7" Belmadi replied before walking off somewhere else. Riyad stood there for a bit before walking off. It was 5o'clock so Zee decided to go and get ready.

Zee and Riyad were the first ones there they had hung out quite a bit together but with other people around so now that they were alone in a restaurant was something new for Riyad. He made a promise to himself that when him and his wife got a divorce he would never fall for another not wanting to get heartbroken again but now the more time that he spends with Zee the more these feelings grow. Riyad was starting to feel scared of these feelings because he hasn't felt like this in years. The last time that he actually felt like this with butterflies in his stomach was when he first met his ex-wife which was years ago. Riyad decided to make some conversation with Zee because it would be more awkward for them both to just sit in silence together. There conversation flowed freely until some of the other people walked into the restaurant and straight to the table. Riyad and Zee cut off there conversation and started to say hello to the others.

Throughout the night Riyad couldn't  help but let his gaze drift towards Zee. Every time she looked towards him however he would move his gaze away and get into another conversation. He wasn't ready for people to know that was gaining feelings for someone else. He wasn't ready to admit it to himself.

It took a couple of weeks but Riyad had stopped fighting his feelings for Zee. He couldn't fight them anymore he had to let someone know but all of the guys were blabber mouths and would probably tell Zee about his feelings and also he had never opened up about his feelings for a while so every time he went to he would just talk about something else since the words wouldn't come out of his mouth. It was when him and Zee were sat in the room next to where the press conference was happening. That was when Riyad admitted it to someone else other then himself.

"I l-like you" Riyad finally said out loud and he couldn't believe that he was actually admitting it to someone. For this long he never wanted to admit it getting scared of being hurt again. He had only just managed to admit it to himself so after such short time that he was admitting it to Zee, herself was a massive deal for him.

"I want us to be in a relationship." Riyad continued saying to Zee before he could back out and before Zee could get a word out. His heart was beating a thousand miles an hour waiting for a response. He was terrified of the response as it's not very often that he puts his feelings out there.

"Yeah, I would like that" Zee said smiling at him. She has had a crush on him for a while but to begin with he was with his ex-wife so he was completely off limits but then he got a divorce and after that he was a broken man. It was no secret that Riyad also didn't want to date anyone else after that messy divorce. You were kinda lucky if you were a girl and still friends with him as that was how broken he was. He didn't trust hardly any girls and he cut off contact with ones that he wasn't that close to so that included Zee.

"Okay, okay but we have to go slow" Riyad said to her. He needed to go slow to get used to everything again. He needed to go slow so he could build the trust that broke down his previous marriage. Riyad had a feeling though a really good one about this.

"I understand it's fine, you need to get used to being in a relationship again" Zee said smiling towards him. Riyad smiled back and leaned in to kiss her. That may seem fast to some people but it seemed right at the time so it's what Riyad done. When they pulled away they spent the rest of the time just talking and getting to know each other like nobody else had before and it was nice. Riyad was enjoying it.