Roman Burki ~ Borussia Dortmund #2

Day 2 of CountDown to Christmas

Christmas is coming up and one of the best things to do is make decorations and it also keeps the kids quiet and busy. For a little while at least. There's a bunch of things that can be used to make Christmas decorations and there are a lot of things that you have in the house that you can use. It would be better to use it to make decorations than just throw it all out. Children are very creative as well so that helps to keep their mind active as well. You've also found that there is something special about having decorations in the house which were done by your children. Even if they aren't very good it's still special and something to look back on when they get older. You've googled some things to do and got it up on the computer with instructions so you can easily help when one of your children asks for help. Hopefully, with the pictures, Mila should be able to or attempt to follow it with no help. She's independent and enjoys doing things by herself so that would be good for her.

"What are my favourite girls up to?" Roman asked, walking into the dining room. He had just got in from his short training day and wanted to spend the rest of the day with his family. Roman was a little taken back by how nobody came over to him when he walked in or even bothered to look up at him. That was a first. He quickly brushed it off though when he saw them.

"Making Christmas decorations," Mila said, not looking up from what she was doing. She was concentrating hard on what she was doing. It had to be right and nobody could interrupt her whilst she was doing it or else it could go wrong and then there would probably be hell to pay. Mila was the perfectionist and everything she did had to be perfect and correct. That also explains to Roman why neither of them ran over to him when he walked through the front door like they usually do. They were too busy decorating to pay any attention to Roman and in their own little worlds doing it. Roman did give them both a quick kiss on their foreheads when he walked into the room.

"Look," Elena said, finally paying attention to her dad and she also picked up what she was in the middle of making. Roman had no idea what he was being shown but pretended to be amazed by it like it was the best thing that he's ever seen. Every single time they make something he acts like it's the best thing in the world not wanting to break their hearts and they are trying at least. He turned to you raising an eyebrow towards you silently asking what it was meant to be. You just shrugged your shoulders in return not actually knowing yourself what it was meant to be. She was meant to be making a Christmas tree with the lollipop sticks and then add some puffballs and foam stickers to it to make it look even more like a Christmas tree. It looked nothing like what it did in the pictures. Maybe you should've helped her but Elena was certain she could do it all by herself like her big sister. Everything Mila could do Elena wanted to no matter their age difference.

"Hey," You said, making your way over to Roman once you had finally finished what you were doing elsewhere.

"Hey. This is what you've been doing all day?" Roman said placing a quick kiss on your lips before turning back to watch your children.
"More or less," You replied, watching as your children continued to colour in and glue things together.

"Can you help them with this whilst I go and make something else for them to do later please?" You asked Roman. You wanted to make some salt dough so they could make decorations out of that but they couldn't help make it and you needed someone to watch them with the scissors and help them if they get stuck.

"Yeah I don't know what I'm doing but I'll try," Roman said to you while taking a seat in the middle of both Mila and Elena so he could help both of them easily if any of them needed help.