Marcus Rashford ~ Manchester United

You were lounging in yours and Marcus' shared home with one of your best friends waiting for Marcus' game to start. You would've gone to the game to support Marcus but being 40 weeks pregnant stopped that because you were meant to go into labour any day now and you didn't really want to go into labour in a packed stadium. That would be a nightmare. You would rather be in the comfort of yours and Marcus' home so if the baby does decide to come you'll be in comfort and with someone close to you. It would just overall be better and more comfortable. It would be slightly bad timing if the baby wanted to come now but it's not like anybody could stop it. When the baby wants to come the baby will come.

Both yourself and Y/F/N were sitting on the sofa watching the TV waiting for the match to begin. There wasn't long until kick-off so the two of you were also making some conversation just wanting the game to begin. The quicker the game begins the quicker that Marcus could come back home and you would feel better knowing that Marcus would be around. It would put you at a bit more ease.

Something within yourself didn't feel right. You couldn't tell what didn't feel right but something didn't. Whether it was something to do with the baby or Marcus or even this game you didn't know but something wasn't sitting right.

As soon as the whistle blew both of your full attention, well near enough, was on the TV. It was hard having your full attention on the TV when the baby is constantly kicking and applying pressure to your bladder. The constant need to go to the toilet but you wanted to watch this match so you tried to hold it until half-time. You watched as the ball got passed around the back a bit in the opposition possession but nothing was really happening but the game did slowly become faster-paced. You swore under your breath when the other team scored a goal which regretfully was actually a really good one but you were confident they would be able to bring it back.

"Yes Marcus," you shouted when Marcus netted the first of Manchester United goals making the score now equal. You couldn't keep the excitement down. A sudden pain shot through your body which made your excitement go down. You stayed sitting down trying not to show the discomfort that you were in. You knew that if you showed any signs of pain or discomfort she would worry for you and you don't want that. You've heard of contractions before birth but you've also heard that they are nothing to really worry about so you continued to sit down and watch the match. As long as they weren't frequent.

You and your friend sat back on your seat and watched the first-half finish. Whilst half time happened the two of you went to the toilet and grabbed some more drinks and snacks for the second half. You felt the pain come back a couple of times but your water hadn't broken so that's a good sign. Right? Anyway, the second half started so you didn't have any more time to think about it.

"Come on," You all but screamed when Marcus netted his second goal of the night and putting Manchester United ahead for the first time this game. Hopefully, they will extend this lead and Marcus scores a third goal for a hat-trick. This time you felt some trickle down your leg. It wasn't really a trickle but whatever. You knew that her water had broke but you really didn't want to pull Marcus out of the game. He was having the game of his life he couldn't come off.

"Y/F/N," You said in shock before you could even stop yourself. You were looking back and forth between yourself and your friend. She looked at you, the shock evident in her face. You knew that she had no idea what to do and in all fairness, you were the pregnant one and also had no idea what to really do. Obviously, you have read things on it but not having Marcus here is making you freak out more because he has been your rock throughout this whole pregnancy so you didn't like going through this without him.

"Do we need to go to the hospital?" She asked you not really sure of what to do. Neither of you has been in this position before. You looked at the clock on the screen and saw it was on 60 minutes. Could you last 30 more minutes? You don't know but you will try. You shook your head and she looked at you not totally agreeing but went with you anyway. She trusted you to tell her when you needed to go so she turned her attention back to the game.