Mason Mount ~ Chelsea #3

Inspiration doesn't come easy for a lot of the time. Most of the time it comes from the world around you and the experiences that you have come across in your lifetime. Writing a good song is difficult and takes a lot of time. It was one of the hardest things in the world to do and to make the song a hit was even harder but you began to. You had the belief from yourself, family and most importantly boyfriend helped you write a song. 'Call it what you want' is what you named it. You read through the song one more time making sure the lyrics were perfect and as you were reading it you couldn't help but remember how the lyrics came about.

My castle crumbled overnight
I brought a knife to a gunfight

You never suspected it. Your now ex-boyfriend seemed like the perfect guy for you but apparently not. He had been cheating on you for months but you never knew. When you were together he would act as the perfect boyfriend and be all affectionate and you loved it thinking he was being genuine to you. Apparently not. When you were in the studio or on tour or even out with friends and family he would be sleeping with other girls in your bed. Your own freaking bed. Your life started to crumble around you and there was absolutely nothing that you could do. You were too distraught having no ammunition to hit back at him with only being able to shout at him to get out.

They took the crown, but it's alright
All the liars are calling me one
Nobody's heard from me for months

After everything that happened with your ex, you decided to take time off from everything. It was what you needed. You couldn't deal with how he was saying stuff about you on social media. How he was using the fame that you gave him to stab you in the back now. You gave him that platform that he had and is using it against you. All of his mates and him himself were calling you a liar for certain things but in reality, they were the liars. You needed a break. No social media. No making music. Just spending time and thinking about yourself. You even spent time away from your family with no contact not being able to face them being embarrassed with everything that has happened. They knew you were alive but that was the only contact made by you for a few months. You were in another country by yourself and improving yourself and that is where you met your current boyfriend, Mason.

I'm doing better than I ever was, 'cause
My baby's fit like a daydream
Walking with his head down
I'm the one he's walking to

You were standing in the street waiting for Mason to come down after his training session. He had agreed to meet you somewhere so you could go on a date together. You just thought about how much better your life has been since you met Mason. How you were more confident in everything and how much happier you are. You looked up just in time to see Mason walking towards you. Your breath got caught in your throat as you noticed him walking towards you. He had his hood up and head down to make sure that he doesn't get noticed but you know it's still him and you forget to breathe. How were you so lucky to finally get someone like Mason in your life?

So call it what you want, yeah, call it what you want to
My baby's fly like a jet stream
High above the whole scene
Loves me like I'm brand new

Mason doesn't pay attention to all of the things that happened to your ex. He makes sure that you are okay and constantly reassure you and makes sure you know how much he loves you. He loves you like you weren't broken and like no harm had come to you before.

So call it what you want, yeah, call it what you want to
All my flowers grew back as thorns
Windows boarded up after the storm

After breaking up with your ex you were broken. Everything about you became harsh. Where in certain circumstances when you would normally be nice and understanding you were harsh and everybody noticed it wondering what your ex had done to you. All the niceness within you had seemed to be drained out of you. Where in certain times you could be honest and open with people after that break-up you couldn't. After the whirlwind of emotions, you boarded them all up making sure that they would never get hurt again. You could afford to get hurt like that once again.