Scott Mctominay ~ Manchester United

Requested by @Sop_Alice
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Dating someone famous would never be easy. The constant pressure of people wanting to know about your relationship constantly. They wanted to know about all of the bad things and the good. They would automatically take sides when something goes wrong. The pressure to make sure the relationship was always perfect although no relationship was perfect. The expectations are higher than any normal relationships. Dating a footballer came with the exact same pressures and Sophia was finding out the hard way.

Sophia wasn't like all of the other wags. Yes, she was absolutely stunning like a model but other than that she wasn't considered a 'normal wag'. She wasn't a model. She wasn't even remotely famous before dating Scott. She enjoyed going to football matches but couldn't always because of her job clashing with a lot of the matches. People always messaged her saying how she wasn't good enough for Scott. That Scott deserved someone better. Sophia got it daily and tried not to let it get to her but it was hard.

"I'll see you after training," Scott said kissing Sophia farewell. She nodded her head and kept the tears inside. They wouldn't fall until she was alone. Scott already had enough to deal with she couldn't put this on him as well she could deal with it herself. They were only a couple of trolls she could deal with that. They would go away soon and find something better to do. That's what she kept telling herself for weeks but nothing seemed to change. It only seemed to get worse and worse. When she saw Scott's car leave she let out a shaky breath and went on her phone. She tried not to but it gets addictive after a while so she loads up social media and scrolls through her comments. There are nice ones there, more of them, but the negative ones overshadow them so they are the only ones she truly sees.

'Why is Scott dating someone who looks like that? Ewww'

'Imagine looking like that and dating someone like Scott Mctominay I wouldn't be able to live with myself.' Where only a few of the comments that Sophia read and they easily got worse than them. The tears were freely falling down her face now.

"How's Sophia doing?" Dan asked in the changing room when all of the guys were busy. Scott looked at him confused to why he was asking. Dan does usually ask but the tone of his voice has something behind it like he knew something but was scared to ask about it. Scott tried to rack his brain for what Dan was going on about but he couldn't figure anything out.

"Fine," Scott answered sounding confused.

"Really?" Dan said shocked. He would've expected Sophia to be affected at least a little bit considering everything that he has read on various social media websites these past couple of weeks. He hasn't wanted to say anything outright because it wasn't his place so he tried asking him without blurting it straight out but that's not really working considering Scott has no idea what he's going on about.

"Yeah, why?" Scott said. He kept on trying to rack his brain for any reason that Sophia wouldn't be okay but he couldn't find one. There had to be a reason though or else Dan wouldn't have mentioned anything.

"Just because of all of the hate she's been getting on social media," Dan said out loud. He looked at Scott and saw the shock crossing over it. Dan opened his mouth thinking that he should take it back but decided not to. With everything he read, which wasn't a lot, he thought Scott deserves to know. To at least try to help Sophia. How hadn't Scott saw it? It was all over Sophia's social media that's how Dan found out about it all and he had heard somebody else talking about it and how bad it was so he needed to look for himself.

"Well, I'm going to go home," Scott said trying to sound as normal as possible. He said bye to Dan and the rest of the guys before making his way to his car. He needed to speak to Sophia about all of this. Why didn't she tell him? As quickly as Scott could he drove home but making sure he wasn't breaking any law.

"Sophia." He shouted opening the door to their home. Sophia didn't answer though she didn't want Scott to see her like this. Tears falling down her face. Eyes all red and puffy. Her nose all snotty and even her face was going red because of how much she was crying. She really thought that she could just ignore all of it and it would pass by but it hasn't. Sophia just stayed on the sofa covering herself and wiping her face with the blanket hoping to get rid of any evidence that she had been crying. As bad as it was she didn't really want Scott to see her like this.

"Oh, baby," Scott said when he saw her lying on the couch. Sophia allowed herself to face Scott and when Scott saw her face he could see how much she has been crying. Scott's face immediately dropped seeing how much this was affecting her. It hurt him to know that she has been dealing with this for a while without telling anyone. He quickly moved to her and placed her into his arms and she just cried. Sophia had no idea how she had any more tears left to cry but she did and she just cried into Scott's shoulder. Scott was just whispering things into her ear trying to calm her down but because of how much Sophia was crying she couldn't hear him. He was tracing shaped onto her back hoping that would calm her down a little bit and luckily it did. It took a while but eventually, Sophia did calm down and the tears stopped flowing. When Scott realised that she had stopped crying he pulled her head out of his shoulder so he could look at her. He wasn't going to lie. She looked like an absolute mess but he wasn't going to tell her that.

"Sophia." Scott started wanting to make sure he had her attention before he begins speaking again.

"I know it's hard but ignore all of those people. They're just jealous that you are the most incredible person in the world. You are the only one who is able to pick me up after a tough game and I am the luckiest guy in the world to have you by my side. I couldn't imagine anyone else being here. I would most likely be lost without you." Scott said pushing some of her dark brown hair behind her ears because it was covering her face. Sophia just stared at him completely shocked that he would say something like that to her. He had never said anything like this before so Sophia thought he was lying. The next thing that came out of his mouth made her believe everything though.

"I love you and nobody will ever change that," Scott said when he realised that Sophia wasn't going to say anything back. Her breath got caught in her throat. Neither of them had ever said those words before wanting to make sure it was true before they threw the words around. They weren't words that could be thrown around. Sophia opened her mouth trying to figure everything out when the words came out of her mouth.

"I love you too," Sophia said voice broken from the amount of crying. Scott re-took her back into his arms making her feel safe. Sophia buried her head back into Scott's shoulder taking in all of the warmth and comfort that he was offering. They stayed like this for god knows how long but they both found it comfortable so neither of them minded.