Mason Mount ~ Chelsea #5

Day 1 of Countdown to Christmas

Winter Wonderland. An event held in Hyde Park every year. It has markets, rides, live music and a bunch of other attractions. There are things there for all ages and can keep everyone entertained and busy for hours. Winter Wonderland is somewhere that you go every year since it began and this year was no exception. Usually, you go with either your close friends or family but this year Mason had agreed to go with you and there was no way that you were turning that down. You're excited to walk through the markets, hand in hand and just spend time with Mason doing something that you've loved since the first year it began. Everyone else should be too focused to even notice Mason meaning the two of you could do this without anyone interrupting you. Well, you don't mind people interrupting knowing that they just want to meet Mason but it does get annoying when you just want it to be the two of you.

It was dark when the two of you turned up meaning that the lights were on and shining brightly and were lighting up the area beautifully. Every year it takes you by surprise by how beautiful it is and how well done the lights are and your breath always gets caught in your throat. You're always in awe of the lights and decorations and wish that you could decorate your house like it. Maybe not so extreme as this but still like it but you have no patience to do so. Your house can just have simple decorations until you gain more patience.

"Can you believe that I've been in London for so long yet never been to Winter Wonderland?" Mason asked.

"No," Was all you replied as you dragged him around the markets stopping to look at every single one. Winter Wonderland was one of the best things during Winter in London yet Mason had never been before. The two of you walked through the markets picking up random things that looked interesting before putting them back. It was nice to just casually walk through and look at stuff. The two of you even brought a couple of things for potential Christmas presents. There were so many markets filled with so many different things and it would take ages to have a proper look through all of them so as you walked past them you took a quick glance and only walked over if there was something that you wanted or wanted a close look at. You could hear the live music as you walked around because it was all being played through the speakers that were randomly placed around and turned up loud so everybody could hear it. You had no idea who it was but it was sounding pretty good. It sounded like they were only doing covers but their voice went with the songs well. Whilst walking through the markets you made your way to the ice-rink where a bunch of people were skating. Some were obviously beginners and were nervous on the ice because they were holding onto the sides for dear life but others were really good skating around and doing tricks and stuff. They were incredible on the ice and you could barely walk straight and without falling over on concrete let alone ice yet it sees a lot of fun to do.

"Want to go ice skating?" You asked him. He was watching a couple of people ice skate and it looked like he wanted a go as well. Also, you wanted to go ice skating as well since it had been a while since the last time you had done it.

"Sure," He said, pushing himself off of the side and the two of you walked to the desk so you could pay and grab skates that would be needed to do ice-skating. The two of you put on your ice skates, you having to help Mason because he couldn't buckle them up tight enough or he would do it too tight and neither were good to skate in. Both ways would hurt his feet too much and he needs his feet for football so that wouldn't be good.

The two of you made your way onto the ice and began to skate around. Carefully though because you didn't want either of you to get injured and have to go off to the hospital. That was working for a bit until Mason for some unknown reason decided that he wanted to show off. He skated off a bit further away from you trying to do spins. You were watching as Mason skated around fast trying to do some fancy trick that he was certain he could do. All of a sudden he lost his footing and fell face-first onto the ice. Luckily he had quick reactions and managed to get his hands down before actually face planting the ice. That would've hurt. He easily managed to turn himself around so he was sitting on the ice by the time that you skated over to him trying to concentrate rather than laugh.