Scott McTominay ~ Manchester United #2

Day 11 of CountDown to Christmas

You and Scott had been friends for years. Since you were like 5 years old. The two of you were inseparable growing up and never wanted to go anywhere without one another. Everyone thought that the two of you were dating and still do and you would have corrected them but the amount of times it happens is unbelievable. Is it really that hard to believe that two people can be that close without dating? Apparently not. The two of you have dated other people and some of them get jealous at how close the two of you are and absolutely hate it. You've never understood that either. You made this contract when you were younger which stated neither of you would date. You don't know why you both wrote the contract but it's definitely been ripped up by now but it was a contract that you've stuck by nonetheless. But it has never seemed difficult to keep to it. You've never actually ever wanted to date Scott which many people can't believe. Yes, you've kissed before but that's when you were both young and just wanted to get your first kisses out of the way. Back then it made sense and you're glad that your first kiss was with him because there was no pressure and no worrying about it.

"What are you up to tomorrow?" Scott asked you when he walked into your house. You were standing in the kitchen making food since you were hungry and you saw Scott walk through the door. He had a key and would always randomly just drop in without letting you know beforehand. Occasionally he would just sit in your house when you're not there just because he didn't want to go home. You never minded. It's not like you ever have anybody coming home with you.

"Uh, nothing why?" You asked looking over your phone to make sure that you had nothing going on tomorrow.

"I was wondering if we could just hang out here?" Scott asked. Something had either already happened or was going to happen and Scott would need a distraction obviously having training today meant that he couldn't distract himself today so it would have to be tomorrow.

"Sure," You shrugged. You enjoy Scott's company and hate going outside with people so it's a win-win situation.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow," Scott said, coming over to kiss you on the cheek like he does every single time. It's a habit that he picked up from a young age which he always does now and many people find it weird but it's normal to the both of you. A lot of friends hug and kiss each other on the cheek so why's it different for you and Scott. Anyway, you said goodbye to him and watched as he left your house for training. You stayed standing staring at your food once he left trying to figure out what happened that meant he wanted to come around tomorrow.

"What happened?" You asked as Scott made his way into your house the following day. He had a rucksack with him meaning he had brought clothes to stay the night. He placed his bag on the floor by the door before making his way further into the room. He sighed and took a seat on your kitchen counter as you passed him a glass of water which he downed fairly quickly.

"Broke up with her," Scott said. You instantly knew who he meant. He had just broken up with his latest girlfriend. Who, in all honesty, you didn't like but if Scott was happy then that's all that mattered.

"Why?" You asked even though you felt like you knew the answer already.

"Jealous of you again," He sighed. He's had this problem a number of times and it annoys him every single time. Why does everyone have to be jealous of you and him being close friends?

"It's either me or her," He imitated a girl's voice causing you to have to cough to hide a laugh. It was funny him trying to imitate his ex-girlfriend's voice.

"I'm fed up. Why is everyone so bothered by us being friends and being close?" Scott complained walking over to you wanting a hug. Instantly you wrapped your arms around Scott and you could feel him relax against you. One of your hands moved up his back to his neck to play with the little hairs on there whilst the other stayed wrapped around his back running up and down. Scott always relaxes when his hair gets played with and that's instantly what happened here.

"I don't know," you replied honestly. Scott sighed again and leaned in further into you taking all of the comfort that he could right now. The two of you stayed like that for a little bit longer until Scott decided to pull away.

"Anyway let's go make a blanket fort and eat," Scott said making his way upstairs to grab a bunch of blankets and pillows. Whilst Scott went upstairs you made your way to the living room sorting out everything so the two of you could easily make a fort with nothing in the way. Since Scott still hadn't come back you went and grabbed your laptop, food and drinks that were all in the kitchen so you wouldn't have to keep moving through the house whilst thee movies are being played. Scott came back and placed everything on the sofa before the two of you began to build a blanket fort. Something you both enjoyed as children. It wasn't as easy as you remembered but the two of you managed to build a sturdy fort.

The two of you made your way into the blanket fort that you had made together. Something that you had always done as children and when one of you is upset. It's a thing you did together as children all the time and now it's a comfort thing that the two of you enjoy doing together. The two of you will grab a bunch of food and drinks that usually Scott can't eat since it's not in his diet plan. What the coaches don't know can't hurt them. You would grab your laptop and watch movies on there until you both fall asleep. It's nice and cosy and always cheers the two of you up and makes you feel better no matter what happened.

"What shall we watch?" Scott asked, grabbing your laptop. You thought about it for a moment. Part of you wanted to watch high school musical like old times but it was also nearing Christmas so you wanted to watch a Christmas movie. You had love actually which is an absolute classic, it's a wonderful life which is another classic, elf which is a tradition the two of you watch every year and so many other options.

"Let it snow," you replied. Scott groaned at the mention of the film. You knew that he didn't mind it though he did enjoy the movie and you knew that. He asked to watch it last year. You had watched the film a number of times last year and although it's not the best Christmas film you've ever seen you still want to watch it.
The two of you were sitting watching the movie and the computer was sitting in the middle of the two of you. During the movie, you turned your head to Scott to see how he was doing. His eyes were shining brightly watching the computer screen. He was really focusing on it as well. Without even thinking about it Scott kept putting food in his mouth and just kept eating not even thinking about his diet plan. He had a soft smile on his face. One that not many people actually get to see. You noticed how good looking Scott actually was. The light wasn't the best but it still made him handsome. How have you never noticed something like this before? That smile as well.

You were happy that he had broken up with his girlfriend hating the feeling that you had every time he mentioned her or you saw them together. You couldn't place what the feeling was but you knew that they weren't right for each other. A small chuckle left Scott's lips shaking you out of your thoughts. Your cheeks became really warm when you noticed that you were staring at him and not paying attention to the movie. Scott hadn't noticed that you were staring luckily he was too focused on the movie. You couldn't though. Too many thoughts in your head. You looked around and noticed that you no longer had any drinks around. That was your way out to think without Scott right next to you. You cleared your throat before opening your mouth to speak.

"I'm going to get a drink. Do you want one?" You asked as you manoeuvred your way out of the fort.

"Please," was all Scott replied with. You instantly knew what drink he would ask for considering it's the drink he always has when he's at your house. You generally have it in the house just for him. As you walked into the kitchen to grab a few drinks your mind was running a thousand miles an hour. You couldn't understand you've never had these thoughts before and they were slightly scaring you. You stood in the kitchen for a moment allowing you to sort out all of your thoughts.

There was only one thought in your mind as you turned back to walk back to the living room to watch the movie. Fuck. You're in love with your best friend.