Kai Havertz ~ Bayer Leverkusen #2

At birth, everyone is given a necklace with half a symbol on it and the other half is held by your soulmate. Nobody knows how they get there but somehow they do. Everyone has a unique symbol so that it never gets confused with who is their soulmate or not. The other thing about these necklaces is that they get warmer the closer that you are to your soulmate and the further away you are the colder they get. Other than that gather necklaces were the same as every other necklace. People only really wore them when they were ready to settle down and meet their soulmates as it would save them heartache from dating people where it would just end up horrible and break both of there hearts.

You were in Germany for the start of your gap year. You were only going to be there for a couple of weeks just to volunteer teaching sports to some younger children who may not get that opportunity because of there home life. You weren't just doing it in Germany but all around the world but for the next couple of weeks, you would be in Germany specifically North Rhine-Westphalia. Maybe go outside that area a little bit but the majority of the time you would stay inside that area. You would help coach a load of different sports to a range of children and help them out with other things as well. It was a rewarding thing to do and you were excited for the year ahead and for your time in Germany and for what it would hold.

You were sat in the car with Y/F/N next to you both of you minding your own business trying to get rid of the tiredness that was overtaking you. You had landed at around 2 in the morning and now it was 8 and you were on your way to the location so you didn't have much sleep. You weren't paying attention to much just watching the scenery pass by as the music played in the background. That's all you were paying attention to until you felt a warming sensation on your chest. Your hand instantly went to it feeling your necklace warming up slightly.

"Y/F/N, my necklace it's getting warmer." You said in shock. You never usually wear it but for some reason, it just felt right to take it with you and it looked good so you decided to wear it. You were going to teach a group of young children just outside Leverkusen with your friend who was doing this gap year thing with you. You had also been told that a couple of people from the football team Bayer Leverkusen will be there because apparently, it makes the children more enthusiastic or something. Y/F/N's head quickly turned to face you not believing you. Why would she? This is one of the most random places for your necklace to start to get warmer and the more the car moved the warmer it got so you knew that your soulmate would be somewhere near the location that you were heading towards now. Y/F/N found her soulmate at quite a young age but didn't know it until her mid-teens. Luckily for her, it turned out to be her best mate that she grew up with but apparently you weren't so lucky it seemed like yours was German. He may not be able to speak any English either. How would you communicate? What if he didn't want a soulmate? You couldn't get these thoughts out of your head. They had never crossed you before considering you hardly ever wore your necklace but now they were all washing over you becoming slightly overwhelming luckily for you Y/F/N chose that exact moment to speak.

"Wait really?" She asked you. You nodded your head placing your hand on it wanting to know if it was just you thinking it was getting warmer or if it actually was. It's never been this warm before nearly always being cold and no heat at all. You started to think that it was just like a normal necklace and you accidentally got the wrong one. Y/F/N's hand reached over and felt the necklace agreeing that it was getting warmer the closer you got drove to the location.

"What if it's one of the guys that's helping us out?" Y/F/N said. She was just talking to herself at this moment. You just let your mind run wild. Every so often you would nod your head to acknowledge that you were listening. Or slightly listening. You head was running a thousand miles an hour. Not like you were nervous before the whole necklace thing not knowing what to expect but the necklace thing has made you even more nervous. Y/F/N asking a bunch of questions wasn't helping either. Luckily it wasn't much longer till you got to the location so she wasn't asking you questions for much longer because as soon as you got to the location there were people there who instantly started to talk to you.