Chapter 98

A/n: I AM NOT A DOCTOR, I AM SIMPLY A GOOGLE SIMP, SO THIS MAY NOT BE ACCURATE!

Tw: Amnesia

After weeks of panic and fear, the doctors informed them that Roman would be waking up.

His mother was so excited, crying, and smiling all day. Everybody else was scared. What if he wasn't the same? He crashed really hard.

They cared, of course, but after everything that had happened, they were just..confused

Everyone made their way to the hospital, anxious to find out what would happen.

___________________________

The doctors began to read over his list of injuries after Roman woke up, informing him of what was wrong.

Roman rubbed his eyes, looking around the room in confusion.

"Why am I here?" he asked, looking around. He sat up and gasped. His head was pounding.

"You crashed your car. Do you remember?"

"...I can drive? I don't-I was just playing hide and seek with my cousins, and now i'm here? I don't-I don't understand.."

He nodded to two doctors who walked out of the room. The doctors, Susie and Rachel had an idea of what was happening. He clearly had amnesia, and was experiencing memory loss. Maybe he thought he was a younger age than he actually was.

They needed to figure out if it was temporary or permanent.

___________________________

As soon as they got to the hospital, they were informed of the situation. They went to see him immediately and walked in upon a very confused Roman.

He was looking in the mirror. "Why am I so tall??! And-and old, why do I sound so funny, what happened?!" He asked, looking up.

He screamed, surprised at the sudden appearance of everyone.

(A/n: is there a name for this kinda amnesia? Like, he thinks he's like eleven years younger than he actually is, he forgot everything that happened after the age of six)

"Who are you guys?" Roman asked shyly.

His mother slowly made his way over to Roman, who was in the hospital bed.

"I'm your mother" she explained with a sad smile, "that's your brother" she said pointing at Remus, "and those are your..friends? I guess..."

"...I don't know who those people are" he whispered, eyes landing on his brother.

"Remus? You look weird" he said.

"Thanks" he said, eyes rolling.

They were informed before they came in that he has seemed to lose all memories that happened after the age of six. Maybe seven.

"That's Patton, and That's Logan" Katlin told him.

Roman's eyes lit up. "PATTON! LOGAN! Oh my gosh!!! We were just playing hide and seek with my cousins-who won?!"

Patton smiled at Roman's childlike excitement. "With Kallee and Mira? Oh, no sorry. You did not win, you threw a fit and kicked your uncle Sammy in the hanging meat."

Logan sighed, "Patton, how many times must I tell you, it is not called hanging meat."

"Awee, I didn't win?!" He pouted.

Logan chuckled.

"Okay okay okay, calm down boys. This is Emile and Remy, and That's Virgil and Janus."

"I think i've met Remy and Emile a few times, but..I don't know who those two are" Roman frowned.

"That's okay, you've been through a huge accident. You don't have to remember" Virgil smiled, looking at Roman, who seemed to be thinking really hard.

"But-it-it's scary" he whispered, "how-how can I not remember so much?" He asked.

"Well, maybe we just need to jog your memories. They'll come back to you." Katlin said.

"I'm sure there's a lot of stuff he doesn't want or need to remember" Remus frowned.

"Everyone has those kind of memories" Logan said with a roll of his eyes, "and the fact is, it doesn't matter, they're coming back weather we like it or not. Unless it's permanent. But let's just have hope, alright?"

"Also, how old are you, Roman?" Virgil asked.

"I'm six!" He smiled, showing off a toothy grin.

"Hm. Okay, so he might be eighteen, but he's going to act six. So while Katlin's at work, someone needs to be able to babysit him, because six year olds are little shi-"

"NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILD!" Patton hissed, covering Virgil's mouth, "bad dark strange son!"

"Sorry Pat" Virgil chuckled.

"I guess Remus will just have to do it."

"WHAT!?"

"You're his brother."

"Well then, I DISOWN HIM!"

"I revoked your disowning privileges the last time you tried to do that" Katlin retorted, folding her arms, and rolling her eyes.

"I don't need a babysitter! I'mma big boy!" He smiled.

"Yes, a big boy with a massive head injury, broken bones, and is so going to get a talking to when he gets his memories back, so you are getting a babysitter because you're not running away again."

"Again?"

"I'll probably explain on the way to the house, but you have been a little rascal lately, and I won't yell at you now because you may not understand, but when you get your memories back, we need to talk, sweetie."

"Someones in trouble, OOOOOOH-"

"Shut up Remus!"

"MOM! ROMAN'S BEING MEAN!"

"Oh, grow up you two."