Chapter 104

TRIGGER WARNINGS

•Memory loss

The doctors told them that he'd likely lose his memories sometime soon again. He was having a 'memory spurt' as he called it. The next time he went to sleep, he'd wake up, and he'd be mentally seven again.

"He might be able to retain some memories each time it happens. When he feels a memory spark, he should tell you about it immediately so he can describe it as best as he can, and so that you can maybe explain some things to him." The doctor informed them.

"Wha-wait, I don't want to lose my memories!" Roman argued, "I mean, there are some-"

"I bet there's a lot, actually" Remus hissed.

"You should see Patton and Virgil when you think you're seven-Christ, Virgil isn't able to tale his eyes off you for fear of you getting hurt or something, and Patton can't stop babying you." Logan said, exposing Patton and Virgil.

"Hey, you know how bad seven year olds can be!" Patton argued, "Remember that time we chased my dad around with slap bracelets until he climbed on top of the fridge, and then my mom had to haul him off because he was too scared to get down because of us?"

"Oh my god, don't give him any ideas!" Janus groaned.

Virgil smiled from where he was standing close by Janus. He kept silent, looking at the floor. For some reason having an adult in the room-especially one they didn't know-was making him nervous.

"Well, everyone at school is wondering where the hell you've been, babes. It's not everyday the popular jock, center of attention pick-me-kid just disappears." Remy told him.

"Oh my god, I didn't even consider school!" Roman groaned, "i'm probably failing every class by now!"

It felt extremely awkward being with Roman. How were they supposed to react? He wasn't a good person-time and time again, he redeems himself, only to get sucked right back into his horrible ways.

It would never be the same as it used to be.

————————————————————

Turns out, Lucia and Alex had much more in common than they originally thought. At first, Alex thought she was taking him straight to jail-but was surprised when he found them drive straight past the county prison.

Alex was pretty awkward at first, but Lucia's personality was so non judge mental, and she had such a kind demeanor, he could practically feel her positive attitude radiating off of her.

With that being said, he began to feel more comfortable around her, he could just feel the good person vibes about her.

"Wait, you've skinny dipped with your mom's boyfriend?" Lucia asked. Her voice was filled with amusement.

"I swing both ways." He smirked, having a burst of confidence. Funny how he could trust a stranger he'd met only thirty minutes before.

"Complicated person, eh? I get it-it's hard to make up your mind sometimes. My son and his friends are hardcore gays, and wear the titles as absolute QUEENS!" She giggled.

"As they should" Alex smiled.

————————————————————

Janus looked towards Virgil after they'd gotten back to Remus' house. He was laughing, a huge smile across his face as he was joking around with Patton.

It was crazy how just a year ago, Nobody could even look at Virgil without him flinching, but now..he just seemed so different. And he loved it.

He used to never raise his voice above soft-spoken, but now he would speak so confidently-at least within his friend-group- it just made him happy. So much has changed.

He looked to his right, where Virgil laid in his arms. It was weird, just last year, he'd flinch away from any and all contact, but now he'd lean into it. He felt safe, he felt like he could trust.

He leant back, and minutes later, Virgil fell asleep. Janus' armpit was reALLY HOT, OKAY-

"Wow Pat, you bored him to sleep" Emile joked.

Virgil's soft snores were practically eating away at Janus' heart as he ignored the idle conversation filling the room.

"Janus" Remus whispered, pulling him out of his thoughts, "how long has Virgil been here?"

"Uh, three...days?" Janus guessed.

"And how many times has he ate-"

"Oh shiz-Virgil, wake up please, bunny boo!"

It was still early enough in the afternoon to get everyone some lunch.