Chapter 78

A/n: Hello! Alright, I didn't want to a actually cause drama -yet- so instead, here's a flashback who's purpose is to just to fill space.

As his father finished the last sip of his wine, Virgil couldn't help it. He had to ask.

"Dad, what's that for?" A five year old Virgil asked, pointing as wondered why his father had been holding a knife, staring at him for the past few minutes. "Are-are we going to make dinner?" He stuttered.

Andrew scoffed, "no, your useless mother makes the dinner."

"Then-then what is that for?" He asked, looking up at his father with is big, brown doe eyes.

"Why, son, you should remember from last time" he said with a false smile, holding up the object in his so his sone could get a better look.

Virgil looked closer at the object in his father's hands. It was sharp. Real sharp...and shiny. That part distracted Virgil a little bit, and like any child would, had to announce it, "shiny..." he whispered.

Virgil watched as his father started to throw it and do some knife tricks, and Virgil whimpered, "Dad, stop swinging it around, what if you hurt yourself?!"

Andrew chuckled darkly, "you're just like your mother. And if you're a good boy this time, we won't have to use the knife like last time."

Virgil's eyes shot open, "you're not going to hurt me again, are you..?" He asked timidly, "I thought you said that was a one time thing just so you could get your stress out" Virgil said with a wobbly chin.

"Well, I have more stress" he said smashing his empty bottle of wine on the ground just to make Virgil flinch.

Virgil started crying, "I want mommy! Where's mommy?!" The noise shocked him badly, and now, all he wanted was a gentle, loving cuddle from his mother.

"She's not-"

"Boys! I'm home~!" She yelled out sweetly, "work got let out early today because- oh my gosh, what happened here?!"

She looked at Virgil's crying face, "baby what happened?" She ran up to him and immediately snuggled him up to her and patted his back while she rubbed his head.

Virgil snuggled into her deeper as he wondered what to tell his mommy. He looked up at his father who glared and shook his head, knowing exactly what he was about to say.

"Well daddy said that-that the red drink stuff was his special juice and I wanted some special grape juice too! But I dropped it and-and it fell"

"Oh baby, the choices you make when you're older are your own, but right now I want you to know that, that 'juice' he's drinking is bad for you. You know how daddy comes home acting funny? Well, the juice is why." She carefully explained.

"Why does daddy drink it if it's bad for him?" Virgil questioned.

Lucia smiled sadly, "I don't know. Oh, also, the don't worry about the glass, i'll clean it up. Andrew, honey, why don't you get some water and sleep off that wine?"

"H-ll no, woman, i'm going to the club to get turnt"

Andrew glared at his wife with all of the hatred he could muster into one look. Oh she was going to make up for this later.

"Andrew-Andrew no, you're drunk you can't drive right now!"

"I'm barely tipsy" he said as he stumbled out of the front door.

She was about to run after him when she heard a cry. She looked down and saw that Virgil stepped on glass.

She took a deep breath to release the stress, and decided that Andrew could handle himself.

"Oh, sweetie, come here" she said to Virgil, picking him up as he cried, and carrying him to the couch to get the glass out of his feet.

After that, she gently kissed his boo boos better, cleaned the glass, and made dinner.

Andrew got home and Lucia immediately set his plate of food on the counter.

"Virgil, sweetie, how about you go watch some tv for a little while-"

"No need, as I was coming home I arranged a sleepover for him at Damien's house" he smirked, dropping his voice low and whispering words that Virgil assumed were, "I'm going to have some fun with you tonight."

Lucia's breath hitched in fear.

Virgil was brought out of his thoughts as the memory ended. He remembered the reason the memory came up was because everybody at the sleepover was complaining about their parents.

Virgil shivered at the thought of what might've happened to his mother that night while he was playing duck duck goose with Damien and Remus.

Remy looked like he was thinking about the past also. Probably thinking about his mom.

He decided to listen in on the current conversation as a distraction from his thoughts.

"My dad used to make me wash my mouth out with soap whenever I said something bad" Remus smiled.

"Why are you so happy about that?" Janus asked.

Remus shrugged, "same stuff my mom used to wash her body."

"WHAT?!-"

"I picked which bar of soap it was."

"Of COURSE-"

"When I said something bad my mom just sat me down and explained to me why I couldn't say it" Logan said, pushing his glasses up.

"When I said something bad, my mom would get the camera and tell me to say it again" Patton shrugged, Emile nodding in agreement.

"My mom would just put me in the corner" Remy shrugged.

Now, Virgil didn't know why he said what he did next, but something plagued him yo traumatize his friends.

"When I said or did something bad my dad would physically and emotionally torture me and beat me until I was unconscious, and then force me to puke my food up. Then he'd tie me up in the cold, dark basement naked and leave me there until mom got home, or tell her I was at a sleepover and just leave me there to starve and dehydrate for days on end. Then he'd force feed me to eat until My stomach was over whelmed and I puked."

"I—" Patton began, before shutting his mouth again, "are—are you...okay?"

Virgil smirked, "beat that 'I hate my dad' story.

"Jesus Christ" Janus whispered, "I-I-"

Remus looked genuinely disturbed and upset, looking at Virgil like he'd just killed a puppy.(this statement hits different after the last chapter💀)

"Virgil. You need therapy" Emile said immediately, Logan nodding in agreement.

"Starting next week when my mom gets home" Virgil shrugged nonchalantly.

"That reminds me, where's Lucia? We need a cringy parent here to embarrass someone" Emile said.

"Not everyone's parents are like yours, babe" Remy smirked, trying to take away from the awkwardness of what Virgil had just revealed.

"Hey why did your mom leave?" Patton questioned.

"Well my dad wouldn't let my mom see her family for seventeen years because he was afraid she'd tell them about how he emotionally and physically abused her and destroyed every meaningful possession she had to remember them." Virgil said.

"Are you okay my dark strange son-"

"I'm fine. Also, she went off to see her family for the first time since I was born. So that's exciting" Virgil said with a smile, "she's probably the happiest she's been in a while."

"Hey! All this reminds me, when was the last time you've eaten?!" Janus exclaimed.

Suddenly, there were frantic knocks on the door.

A/n: I had to end this short, sorry humans, I gotta go cook and if I leave without posting it i'll never post it so bye bye uwu