Chapter 123

A/n: RIP another plotless chapter. Istg when this book is done, I need to edit x-x

Anyways, here you go, there won't be a month time gap betwern the next chapter.

I keep saying that but THIS TIME I MEAN IT-

Virgil woke up, dazed and confused wondering why the hell he was sleeping in a turned off car in the middle of the day, until Janus and Remus came running outside to get him.

They brought him to his room, and sat
him down on his bed, "now tell us, what happened?" Remus asked, "are you okay?"

Virgil sighed, knowing that they were talking about his little puking incident, "i-it just happened.." he said quietly, "one second, those two girls were talking about my weight-the next I was on the floor puking up my half eaten salad."

"Wait..what..girls?" Janus asked. Noticing that there had been a couple of girls in the hallway.

"Uh-I dunno..they're in our art class..one of em' had light brown hair and green eyes, the other one had red hair and more freckles than skin on her face.." Virgil said, trying to be as descriptive as he could.

"Ava and Hemela?" Remus asked. He knew as soon as Virgil had said the thing about the freckles. Those two were like twin flames that drifted away from the same fire.

"I-I think?" Virgil said, before his breathing picked up.

"Don't worry, Virge..everything will be okay.

————————————————————

"As you've been told, many, many times before, having an abortion doesn't increase your risk of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or any of the other things you have concerns about..You may have a slightly higher risk of premature birth than the average mother though" The doctor explained to Lucia, once again.

"I know, but..i've had so many.." she whispered, some surgical, some meditational, some weren't even abortions! Andrew just beat my stomach until they died." I can't help but have all these doubts!" She frowned.

"Well, you should have a high risk of premature birth, i'm kind of surprised you haven't gone into labor yet. It could happen at any moment, really..you know, maybe we should check on them, see if they're okay?" The doctor hummed, sitting Lucia down and beginning the scheduled ultrasound.

"Heartbeat, a little..lower than normal...though, it's completely fine. It should go back to normal with some rest and water." The doctor assured.

"Thanks" Lucia sighed.

"Of course. Now, a few more tests and you're free to go home."

————————————————————

Since Lucia was way too pregnant to drive, she had Alice come and pick her up. She got in the driver's seat and sighed heavily, "feet" she groaned as Alice chuckled, putting the car in drive, and backing out of the hospital parking lot.

"So, what happened?" She asked.

"The baby could come at literally any moment..but they seem healthy, though they've got an irregular heartbeat..it's a little worrying. But it's okay-or, at least the doctor said that."

"The doctor knows what he's doing-don't worry, everything should be fine" Alice smiled, "let's talk about something-hey! What happened with Virgil yesterday? Gimme the scoop!"

"I-I dunno-Remus and Janus went to talk to him, but I didn't want them to say anything to me because I don't want Virgil to think i'm going behind his back or anything with all of this-he can tell me if he wants to. If he doesn't, I won't make him. I want him to know i'm here if he needs me, I won't force him to do anything he doesn't want.."

"Sounds like the responsible thing to do..make him feel safe, you know?" Alice smiled.

"Yeah. Besides, If it was that serious, Janus and Remus would've told me anyways-heck, Virgil would too. Everything is fine..all I know is that he did purge..oh- here I go spilling his business-"

"Oh, i'm sure he won't mind, he's like a son to me."

"...Does he even know you?" Lucia smirked.

"Well he's important to you so he's important to me-plus, we've known each other for a while! You used to bring him into the bakery with you when he was younger! Plus, i've seen him around when we hang out!"

"Yeah" Lucia chuckled, "oh how he's grown.."

"Oh god, no we're old!" Alice groaned, running a tired hand over her face.

"Yep" Lucia sighed, "oh my family's coming into town soon..they'll stay for the summer, it'll be great!"

"Are they going to rent a hotel or something?" Alice joked.

"Oh you-there's plenty of room in my house if you squint-Oh, hey! We're here" Lucia said.

"We've been here."

"Oh.."

Lucia had gotten so into talking-well it wasn't even that-talking with Alice was so much more different than talking-that she hadn't even recognized they'd parked at her own home.

"Well I suppose I shouldn't keep Virgil waiting-" he began, about to grab her purse while she opened the car door, only for Alice to reach down for the purse too, so their hands brushed over each other's, then settled on the hand bag's handle.

Lucia blushed, drawing her hand away quickly, "Oh-"

"Oh sorry-I was going to get that for you" Alice smirked, picking the bag up and handing it too her friend.

"Thanks" Lucia smiled, flustered, taking the purse and getting out of the car carefully, knowing fully well that Alice did that on purpose. She'd always been a sneaky one.

"Cya later!" Alice called, making sure Lucia got inside safely before speeding off with a wave, Lucia returning her farewell call.

Walking in, and sitting on the couch, she let out a deep sigh, letting her feet relax. Walking sucked.

"Heya Virgil, whats up my biggity bro?" Lucia asked as her son walked in, throwing up a gang sign.

"Who taught you to say that?!?" He asked, horrified.

"Remus" she smiled.

"Oh. Well, don't" he shivered, about to walk away.

"Wait!" Lucia called, "I need to ask you something about the whole..." she cut herself off, wondering if her feelings were really there, or if it was just something she thought she wanted, a choice she was making based off of those thoughts and feelings.

"Yeah mom?" Virgil asked, walking closer. His mom was coming to him for advice-or maybe she was going to ask him about those videos he Janus and Remus made about the mannequins at the mall-? No, he hid those too well..

She drew in a breath, deciding that it wasn't a choice, it was a valid feeling that she couldn't shake away..it felt like she was supposed to be like this.. "The whole...being gay thing."