Chapter sixty eight

TW: talking of child rape and child abuse

Paul was taking notes and information from Kurt, Ram, and Roman while all of the officers there searched the house for evidence, because cops always need more evidence.

After a lot was explained to them, the cops had no idea what to do with the three boys in front of them. They were all old enough to go to jail but they all seemed kind of dragged into the situation, like it was some kind of accident that they were helping the man.

The cops let them go for now, but decided they might have to punish them in some way later.

————————————————————

After some time in the hospital, Lucia and Virgil were released to go home.

As soon as they got home it was around dinner time, so Lucia cooked up something for the both of them, and placed it on the table.

They sat down together and ate in silence, Virgil mostly just picking at his food. All he tasted were numbers, and all he could hear was his father's voice telling him that he was fat. He thought like this until Lucia broke the silence and asked some questions that were plaguing her mind.

"What did....Andrew do to you, exactly?" She asked in worry, completely ready to drive to the police station where Andrew was to give him a few choice words..

Virgil explained to her as best he could what Andrew did over the years, telling her that every time she wasn't home Andrew had full control.

"And when Emily was alive..he'd touch her.."

"What?" She gasped.

"He'd try and-and do a lot to her while I just stood there and hopelessly watched. He told me, 'son, this is an example of how to treat your lady right. Even if she doesn't want it, do it anyways because at the end of the day, what she wants shouldn't matter as long as you're having fun'" Virgil quoted.

"Did he rape her? Or..or just, touch her?" Lucia asked.

"Well, he'd grab her chest, -even though there was really nothing to grab- and her butt a lot, stretch out her...her lady parts with his fingers and then put his...you know... inside of her.. so yeah he did both. And Emily was just a child so she didn't understand what was happening..she couldn't see what was happening. I was defenseless to help her..

Lucia was filled with sadness and rage towards Andrew and she didn't know how to handle it, "well..what about you?"

Virgil's blood ran cold, "well..he'd always suspected that I was gay..."

Lucia's stomach dropped, "did—did he...?"

Virgil's eyes filled with tears, "he wanted—" he whispered, "he wanted to snap me out of what he called..a 'phase...' he wanted to show—to show me, that there was nothing special about gay sex..so he'd—he'd touch me, and assault me, and—and—"

"It's okay" she said quickly, grabbing his hand and rubbing circles over his knuckles with her thumb, "I mean..what he did was not okay, but what you're feeling is. Just know, that None of this is your fault, and if you think it is, I just want you to know that it isn't."

Virgil nodded, trying to come out of his mini panic attack, "god, he—he's beat me and i'd scream, and—and Emily would hear and she'd be so, so scared—she had no idea what was happening—"

"Baby.." Lucia breathed, tears running down her face.

"After she died..it was so, so much worse..."

Lucia and Virgil had quickly finished up their dinner and all Lucia wanted to do was comfort him. They went on the couch and they just cuddles and talked. She kissed her forehead, "I love you. I love you so, so much...I should've done something sooner..you've suffered your entire life just because I was scared.."

"Mom—" Virgil began.

"No, no.." she hushed gently, "I know i'm not entirely to blame, though you have to believe there's some truth in there, baby.."

Virgil just sniffled and cuddled closer, "I love you too" he muttered, "can—can we just go to sleep? ..It's been a long night.."

Lucia smiled, "you wanna sleep with me tonight?"

Virgil nodded, "just like old times" he joked.

She chuckled and they just cuddled up together and fell asleep.

———————————————————-

"I have to go somewhere" Lucia whispered late in the night, knowing that Virgil was dead asleep and couldn't hear anyways.

She kissed Virgil's forehead, said, "goodbye baby" and walked to her car, and drove to the police station to give Andrew a piece of her mind. She just couldn't push back her rage any longer.

————————————————————

Virgil sat up, and wasn't entirely sure why his mother left so abruptly, but he knew it was probably for a good reason.

Virgil heard the front door open minutes later and was a little frightened because in the moment he thought he was about to get robbed, but Remus came through the door screaming about how good deodorant tasted, with Janus following close behind.

"Oh, hey guys. You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Virgil told them.

"You're welcome" Remus smiled, "also, Roman decided to tag along."

"Oh..Hi Roman" Virgil said awkwardly.

"JANUS COME WITH ME TO THE BATHROOM" Remus shouted.

"..are you going to piss on me again?" Janus asked.

"What? It's kinky" he smiled.

"What the heckity heck kind of kinks-" Roman began.

"Of course you'd be into something like that" Virgil smirked.

Remus and Janus ran off to the bathroom together without another word, and Roman and Virgil were left alone together.

"What.." Roman began.

"They're just trying to distract from the long sappy conversation we're going to have when you leave" Virgil said.

"Oh."

Roman blushed, looking at the emo. "He's so hot" he whispered.

"What?" Virgil asked.

"Uh-I-I said I really want tater tots! Yeah.. that.." he said smiling sheepishly.

"...Okay.." Virgil said, sitting on his couch, Roman following.

'It's just me and him now.. Just do it!' Roman thought.

Roman sat there for several minutes thinking to himself. He tried to tell himself no, but his body had other plans.

He leaned closer to Virgil, who was reading stuff on tumbler, endlessly scrolling through fan art and head cannons.

Roman grabbed Virgil's chin, looked him in the eyes, and kissed him. Virgil tried to pull away desperately but Roman brought and forced him in for another. Roman knew it was wrong but Virgil just tasted so damn good-

"Hey Virgil got any extra pants-WHAT THE FU-" Remus screeched, Janus following the same action.

'Uh oh. Forgot they were here' Roman's brain said as he jumped away and panicked. Virgil was crying and shaking next to him, and Roman just stood up quickly.