Chapter 120

A/n: Watch this book end up being 500 chapters because I don't know where to take it 🤣

Trigger warning

•Eating disorder
•insecurity
•puking
•jail

Roman rolled his eyes at Andrew as he told him that he ruined his own life. How dare he say something like that. Sure, he didn't have to get caught up with Andrew..he didn't have to drag Ram and Kurt into everything..

It was just one of those things that you did in the spur of the moment-one of those things where you look back on it in the future and realize how dumb it was.

He shouldn't have even been caught up with any of that in the first place. Andrew didn't need three eighth graders to help him murder and steal, but they just got caught up in it. It was a wrong place wrong time type of situation.

And now, he couldn't go back. He couldn't change the past, or make all of his wrong doings just magically disappear. But he could start with taking a deep breath, accepting what he'd done, and the consequences that came along with his actions.

And he could apologize, and hope for a better future.

So, he laid back and listened to the police. He listened to the laws, possible jail time-what could happen to him. This was all said before he explained his story. He was to explain it to them on his own a week later after they gathered more evidence.

That gave him time to think. Think of all that happened. He literally had a double life, nobody knew what he was up to in his spare time-hell, he was a popular kid. With great friends, and a great life. And he just threw it away. Nobody would ever look at him the same again.

He sighed, looking over at Ram and Kurt, who he shared a cell with. He walked over to them, and sat down next to them.

Nobody could quite remember who started the conversation..but it didn't matter, because they were talking. About everything. And that's just what they needed.

————————————————————

It had been a few days later, and Rose was doing slightly better-still at the hospital, but better..

And while Rose was getting better..Virgil just seemed to be getting worse. Just when he thought he was getting better, he fell into a relapse.

He'd actually managed to keep his food down when he ate, and he hadn't purged in a whole month. (Yes, he'd been counting. He was actually quite proud of himself-)

But here he was, on his knees on the bathroom floor, head in the toilet bowl, his fingers shoved down his throat as he heaved and gagged as quietly as he possibly could. As the food mixed with stomach acid left his throat and into the toilet, he was ashamed to admit that he missed the feeling.

What caused him to relapse? Well...

————yay story time———————-

Virgil was walking down the hallway to school, just minutes after lunch. He had ten minutes before his next class since he didn't take up the whole thirty minutes of lunch time.

He had nobody to talk to anyways. Patton and Emile were out of school with their mom, Remy was studying in the library, Remus was studying in the trashcan outside, and Janus was-well, nobody knew what Janus was doing.

Roman was probably picking on some freshman or something. Wait-no he got arrested.

So, Virgil was walking down the hall, already on the way to the bathroom to redo his eyeliner, when someone-a girl-whistled at him.

"How are you so damn skinny? You need to keep on doing whatever the hell it is, because it's working. It's nice to see a guy who isn't a complete fat ass."

"Oh, Please, he's been gaining weight. He used to be waaay skinnier-"

"Girl, I can see his ribs through his hoodie!"

"Yeah, well he's getting more baby fat. He's going to blow up soon!"

The two girls bickered back and forth for a while, almost like he wasn't even there, and Virgil didn't even respond, he just quickly went to the bathroom. He threw his backpack to the side, and pulled his hoodie up, looking at his stomach. He didn't even know those girls. All he knew was that they were in his second period.

His eyes were filled with tears, they were talking about him like he wasn't even there. He had a mixed feeling of confusion, anxiety, and insecurity. It shocked him that someone had talked to him, he wasn't ready for that kind of social interaction.

As he looked at his stomach, he realized that the girl was right, he had been gaining some fat. Keyword some. He barely gained any at all. Over the course of three months he only gained two and a half pounds. He considered it a good thing that he was maintaining weight, going up instead of down.

But he got a spike of insecurity. He just ate lunch. How many calories were school lunches again? 500-700...he didn't eat his fruit or vegetables, and he had a salad, so that would be around 250? Ugh-he didn't care, all he cared about was getting it out of him.

He ran to a stall, locked the door, fell to the ground, and started heaving, shoving his fingers down his throat. The reflex worked almost immediately, and he retched and puked up what he'd eaten.

———————————————————-

He wiped his mouth as he finished, leaning against the toilet, breathing heavily as the taste of his acidic bile burned his throat.

"Hey..dude, are you okay..?" He heard a voice say outside of the stall. Hey it kind of sounded like-oh shit that was Janus.

Virgil quickly jumped up and mumbled "mhm" and quickly flushing the toilet.

"Are you sure? I can get the nurse?" Janus questioned in worry,

"No!" Virgil said quickly, making his voice sound high pitched.

"It's good to get help when you need it, and talk to someone about how you feel-even if it's just sick..You know, i'd feel horrible if my boyfriends tried to hide something like that behind my back. I would just feel like I wasn't paying attention enou-whoops, i'm ranting.." Janus chuckled.

Virgil chuckled too. He felt extremely guilty though. And sick. Light headed..nauseous-oh god-

He retched over the toilet again as his stomach burned, begging for more of the feeling that it was so, so used to by then.

"That sounds rough.." Janus said, sounding concerned. The puking sounded familiar, though. He had seen and heard Virgil's puking enough to know what he sounded like.

Virgil wondered what he'd drank that day. He felt so dizzy..

He fell over as he tried to stand, and banged his head on the stall door, sliding down, and onto the floor, where his head popped from beneath the door as he hazily stared up at Janus.

Janus gasped, "Virgil-oh my god-" he quickly picked the frail, skinny boy up, bringing him to the nurse. He called Remus soon after, and they both stayed by to make sure Virgil was okay. Remus was going batshit crazy, not noticing the banana peel on his head from the trashcan he was previously in.

It didn't take Virgil long to wake back up. The nurse handed him some water and left. Probably to contact his mother.

Virgil's eyes  welled up with tears as he  began to sob. Remus and Janus took him into their arms, gently squeezing him as he cried. "We'll talk about this when we get home" Remus muttered, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of Virgil's head, who nodded and buried his face deep into Janus' chest.