Chapter 121

A/n: I literally just put Ram
and Kurt in here for the Heathers reference, why did they become such a big deal 😭😭

Also ya'll i'm so tired right now, so just take this chapter that could've had a lot more detail, and could've been like, 1000 words longer, and get outta here xD

Trigger warnings:

•Bullying
•Suicide
•Death
•manipulation

Roman walked the length of the park, stopping as he reached a large tree near the back where Ram and Kurt were. He greeted them, and they were off.

They were just eight years old, walking around the park, looking for some younger kids. Roman's eyes moved over various people, until he spotted a child, who couldn't have been anything more than seven years old.

They ran over and started causing trouble. Pushing her, taking away her toys, the works. It was fun to see her cry-it was fun to make others feel bad about themselves. Of course, they'd apologize, but that would only be so they wouldn't get in trouble.

And they'd make sure everyone they bullied knew damn well that they didn't have an ounce of regret. Usually, they'd scatter before any adults could even recognize or memorize their faces anyways.

It wasn't even until about three or four years later they got caught up with Andrew. He had admired their manipulative abilities, and how they could just so easily bully people, and get out of trouble with some fake tears and apologies that meant virtually nothing.

They met at the park one day when Andrew was out cat calling some minors and blowing kisses at them, and he noticed they were throwing punches wrong.

They got to talking, and he explained how to do it better.

'Your thumb can't be right there-hey, don't tuck it into your wrist either, you could break your thumb that way' he told them.

They were happy that there was finally an adult who wouldn't punish them for what they were doing, so they didn't notice how horrible things would get for everyone involved.

————————————————————

"Over the years-well, months really, Ram and I kinda got to realize some things..we weren't just schoolyard bullies anymore who were making fun of people's shoes, we were making people hate themselves, we were beating people up. We ended up recognizing out mistakes, but we were already too far deep into that mess" Kurt explained.

He was in for questioning, by himself so nobody could cut in and defend themselves.

"Tell me more about your situation" Charlie, the officer, began.

"Alright Officer Unicorn-"

"How you found out my middle name is beyond me" he sighed, "I hate my job."

"Alright-okay, enough jokes, sorry...so after me and Ram kind realized that, we told Roman how we felt about everything. We didn't wanna do it anymore, but Roman kind made us question more things..he would ask us these really weird questions and use some things against us-"

He stopped for a minute. He'd never talked about this stuff before.

"Oh yeah, we three were dating-that seems like an important detail, it was another reason we kind stuck with him. It's hard to break habits like that, so Roman was probably confused like us..or just really wanted to impress Andrew.."

"Tell me more about Andrew" Charlie said, getting his notepad out.

"Well, we never really noticed anything too bad about him until he, you know, murdered his blind child, but yeah, he just taught us some better ways to fight, more convincing lies, told us the best places to aim when we needed to hurt people, stuff like that."

"God, most of the time Ram and Roman were just being dumb asses, and I got caught up in it, like when they killed that puppy the other month."

"Thank you for all of the information. I'll be sure to check with all of the others."

"Alright."

And pretty much, Ram had said the same thing. No other bits of information, besides a few pieces here and there, however it was helpful overall.

But Roman, oh, Roman, he denied everything he could. He was so ashamed of himself. He truly did regret some things. He had to admit, he did have fun in the moments, yes, but now that he was in trouble.. it just seemed so real.

"Roman, did you know that there was a sixteen year old girl you bullied during the beginning of your senior year-"

"I bullied a lot of girls-"

"I was about to get more specific" Officer Charlie muttered, "Her name was Ava Brown. She committed suicide after a few months of that."

Roman stiffened up, "I-I thought she moved.."

"No. Her suicide letter said, and I quote, 'I was diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder when I was just two. I've been anxious and insecure my entire life, and this was just the icing on the cake. Roman Prince, you have tipped me over the edge. I hope you can change your ways, but right now, I have only the smallest sliver of hope."

Roman listened carefully, and felt horribly guilty.

"That was a few paragraphs in, after she explained in detail all that you've done to her. And what do you have to say to explain to yourself?" Charlie asked.

And for once, Roman could say nothing. He couldn't defend himself. He couldn't even use the 'I was thirteen' excuse. That was literally a few months ago. He was still the same age, eighteen. He could fully well go to real people jail.

"Everything you've done could add up to 30-70 years in jail, or for life."

Roman listened as the officer explained some laws to him. He knew what would happen, and he knew that unless he could somehow prove him wrong, or pin everything on Andrew-he'd be free to go. But there was too much evidence, too much proof.

And he knew that. He knew that he would have to accept his consequences, and he wasn't sure how he could accomplish that, but he would try.

When Charlie finally got around to Andrew, he was in there for a solid seventeen hours. The first three in which he wouldn't talk.

When he did start talking, he had to force information out of him, and by the end, he just sighed, and before he left, he told Andrew, "someone will be calling Lucia. We'll meet up, i'll question her, tell her what you've said, and everyone will decide from there."