Chapter twenty seven

Logan had just fell asleep on Patton's couch. Patton smiled and took about three million pictures while squealing as Emile and Remy laughed at Logan's tongue hanging out of his mouth as he slept.

Patton put his phone away after he got enough photos and said he was going out. Emile and Remy waved him off as his parents bid him goodbye.

Patton walked outside of his house, ready to go to Ram's. He wanted answers.

He couldn't stop thinking about the story Roman told him. Was it true? Did Ram and Kurt have a different perspective? Would he get more information?

He walked with his umbrella through the rainy weather. Sure, he could drive, but he preferred to walk sometimes.

He skipped around happily in the rain, jumping in little puddles whenever he saw them, and soon enough he was at Ram's house.

He took a deep nervous breath, and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A moaning voice yelled from inside the house.

"Patton!" Patton yelled in a cheery voice.

He heard a loud groan from Ram, "i'm coming!" And he heard a voice say "Yeah you were~" "shut up Kurt!"and Ram opened the door with hickeys all over his neck and a dazed, smiling Kurt in the background.

"What happened here?" Patton asked in confusion.

"Big fun" Ram answered.

"Oh alright" Patton smiled in response. "Can I come in, please?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure Patton!" Ram smiled at his friend.

"So, whatcha need my dude?" Kurt asked, high-fiving Patton.

"Yeah, um, well, Roman told everyone-"

"That we forced him to kill someone?" Ram asked with a eye roll, cutting Patton off.

"Wh- wait yeah! How'd you know?" He asked.

Kurt sighed. "Look, Pat. I know you want answers-"

"Heck yeah I do! Everyone's blaming Roman when it sounds like it's all of you guy's fault! I mean, nobody's even been talking about you guys forcing him to do all of tha-"

"Patton look." Ram said, sighing and rubbing his temples. "I'm sure everyone's just as mad at us as they are Roman. Even more if possible, but...what Roman told you isn't exactly the truth.."

"What do you mean?" Patton asked.

Kurt inhaled. "Well.."

"Let's just say..he's amazing at lying. I kind of think you should hear the truth from him. But let's just say...we're not the bad guys. Also, Emily didn't get killed in a car crash by a random person-"

"What do you mean? She was hit with a car, Roman said-"

"Yes she was. But who ran her over is the question you should worry about...most of what he told you was un true. In all honesty, he shouldn't have even told you anything. If he's this good at lying, than why would he even tell you this at all? He could've easily made up a less extreme dare. Oh yeah, and we didn't dare him to hurt them." Kurt said, remembering the day clearly.

"What are you saying?" Patton asked,
Confused at this information.

"He dared us." Ram said, glaring at nothing.

"More like forced us." Kurt scoffed.

"Wait..he what?!" Patton asked in shock.

Ram shook his head. "Roman made us promise to never tell anyone, we've already said too much. Still can't believe he made us look like the bad guys."

"Why does the promise matter?" Patton pouted.

"Would you break a promise?" Kurt deadpanned.

"...No" Patton sighed.

"Well, we can't break a promise we made to Roman. He's the devil. He will kill us in his sleep. Just like he did with Emily's unconscious bod-"

"Ram shut up!" Kurt hissed.

"And I oop-" Ram screeched.

"What? Are you telling me my best friend is a murderer? What's going on?" Patton asked in a high pitched confused, worried voice.

"Get him to tell you. He could tell the story way better than we could." Ram said.

"Alright..." Patton said reluctantly. "Bye guys. I need to go...think about stuff."

"Alright, bye Patton!" Ram and Kurt said in unison.