Chapter 111

A/n: That moment when you have to use a calculator to figure out a character's age 😂

I LITERALLY KEEP CHANGING LUCIA'S AGE. At one point I think I made her like 40 or something.

So, I used a calculator to see what it would realistically be. She gave birth to Virgil at either 18 or 19 i'm pretty sure, and Virgil is 17, so realistically, Lucia would be 35 or 36 years old.

I'm locking her age in at 35, BOOM. It's been done. Now I can go write this down in my notes somewhere so I can remember.

Lucia'a eyes almost teared up every time Alex and Virgil interacted. They were so sweet, and playful with each other. Alex was almost parental towards him.

She knew it was good for Virgil; to have a positive fatherly figure in his life, and Alex seemed to fit that role. He didn't mind, he was actually happy with it. He never thought he'd want to be a part of a family ever again after what his had did to him. But, the moments they had, they were sweet, and calm. And he liked it.

Lucia and Alex often talked together about what may happen in the future. Would they still be friends once Alex moved out?

Alex asked her about a boyfriend, what her future would look like, and Lucia would just laugh, and say, "I don't think I could ever be with a man again after that."

"Oh, so a boy-"

"Alex!" Lucia gasped, "I would never!" She chuckled.

Now that she thought about it, it always felt so wrong being with Andrew..especially when he'd have sex with her.

It kinda grossed her out. Not sex itself, just..Andrew. Maybe it was something else, she wasn't sure...

"Oh, you know i'm just joking" Alex said, rolling his eyes in a playful manner.

Alex and Lucia's relationship kinda looked like it should have been in a romantic drama movie. A thief and a formerly abused, divorced pregnant woman with a moody teenager meet each other after an attempted mugging run in with each other. The thief is given a second chance through the kindness of the woman, and then they eventually fall on love. The end.

However, they were definitely going to keep it platonic. They hadn't even thought about getting together, despite that they were living together. They didn't have an interest in that.

"Well, i've gotta head down to work, those cakes aren't going to bake themselves! Bye-bye!" Lucia smiled, grabbing her pastel blue purse.

"Actually, I should get to work too!" Alex responded, grabbing his purse as well.

"Honestly, i'd forget my head if it weren't for you!" Alex chuckled.

"Which one?" Lucia smirked.

It took him a second.

"LucIA-!" He gasped, watching her cackle as she walked out the door.

————————————————————

A peppy lady in her mid-thirties walked down the street one evening, skipping down to her job. She was happy to get there, and greet her co-workers. She decided not to take her car, as to enjoy the weather. It was nice out.

The sunlight engulfed her face with warmth, and the slight breeze made it even more enjoyable.

She was lean and fit. Some mistook her as ten years younger than she was, and it kinda made her feel old.