Chapter 12

A/N: TRIGGER WARNINGS: Being hit, being forced to puke, Being thrown into a basement, getting knocked out, tell me if I missed any, loves 🖤

It was eight am when Patton woke up to Remy and Virgil giggling. He smiled and walked past them, greeting them good morning.

They mumbled 'good morning' back, and Patton went to the kitchen.

He looked inside of Roman's fridge and
grabbed ingredients needed for bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

He began making the food,
humming a tune and bouncing around.

By the time he finished it was eight thirty and he was calling people down for breakfast.

Everyone came downstairs, yawning.

Patton had just finished making a pot of coffee and the three coffee zombies came down and started downing it.

Patton giggled at them and went to get Emile, Roman, Remus, and Janus.

He walked in the room to see Roman and Remus fighting, with Janus cheering Remus on and Emile trying to calm them down.

"What's going on in here?" Patton asked, hand on his hip.

"Remus said my butt it flatter than the earth!"  Roman cried.

"....The earth isn't flat?" Patton questioned.

"Oh yeah.." Roman said, dumbfounded. "Hey is that food I smell?" Everyone went downstairs to eat.

"Wow Patton, this food looks delicious!" Roman exclaimed, plates already on the table filled with food.

Patton giggled and everyone sat down.

Virgil was particularly nervous about eating.

He didn't want to disappoint anyone, though, and ate, getting worried glances from Janus and Remus.

Virgil managed to eat a quarter of his pancake, some bacon, and a few bites of eggs.

"This tastes magnificent." Logan said, everyone agreeing.

Virgil glanced at the time and his eyes widened.

He flopped out of his chair and scrambled away to put his shoes on.

"I-I have to g-" Virgil began, panicking.

Roman grabbed him by the arm and said "why?"

Virgil flinched away from Roman's touch. Roman was gripping hard onto a few throbbing scars.

"I-I-" Emile noticed how scared he was and said "Roman-"

"No! Why are you so secretive? Where are you going?" He demanded.

"H-home" he said in a shaky voice.

"It's Saturday! Your parents won't mind!" Roman said with and eyeroll.

"Woah babes..maybe you should let go of hi-" Remy began, but was shut up by a glare from Roman, who gripped tighter on Virgil's arm.

"ROMAN LET GO OF HIM!" Remus screeched, making Roman jump and let go.

Virgil grabbed his arm, looked at Roman with tear filled eyes which broke his heart, and ran away, outside. Janus chased after him, grabbed him very gently, and placed him on the grass in front of Roman's house.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, i'll get Remus to drive you home it'll be okay-" Janus began.

Everyone was looking at them through the window of the house, confused.

"My m-mo-om will be-e-e at wo-wo-wor-k- a-a-an-n-"  Virgil choked.

"I understand i'll get you home before he wakes up." Janus said, running inside.

Janus ran inside, grabbed Remus, and said, "we have to get Virgil home before nine!"

"It's eight fifty, he lives ten minutes away!" Remus said, face white.

They got in the car, leaving everyone confused. "Maybe he won't wake up at exactly nine today!"

They drove in mostly silence, Virgil biting his lip and trying not to cry most of the way, failing and making his makeup be ruined by tears.

When they got there Virgil jumped out of the car and ran inside, saying a quick "thanks, bye!"

He got to the door right as it opened. And ran straight into his dad.

His dad looked like he was about to hurt him but noticed Remus and Janus.

He walked over and smiled politely.

"Hello you two. Me and Virgil have stuff to do. So could you two leave? Now?"

Remus looked over to Virgil who bit his lip and shooed them both away.

"Oh, alright!" Remus said, backing away.

Remus and Janus witnessed many of Virgil's beatings, secretly. Janus had to hold Remus back so he wouldn't kill Virgil's father.

Janus had to hold himself back lots of times too.

They backed up and drove to Remus's house.

"Oh my gosh, we shouldn't have left, he would never hurt him if there was a witness oh no he's probably going to die what do we do-" Janus got cut off by Remus shushing him.

"I think I have a plan. But it'll take a few days to form in my head." Remus said while Janus snickered.

"That doesn't make sense." He said.

"Doesn't have to." Remus countered.

When they pulled up in Remus's driveway they were met with worried friends as they went inside.

Questions boomed left and right.

There was no escape, they kept coming.

"Guys! Stop!" Janus yelled.

It was all silent until Remus spotted Roman.

"ROMAN GET OVER HERE!" He screamed in rage and tackled his brother.

"Why are you always the one causing the problem?!?" He asked, "we could've gotten there quicker if you hadn't have done that!"

Janus dragged Remus off of a fearful Roman.

"I'm sorry, Remus! I just wanted to know why-"

"His father has a really strict rule about not being home. His mother does not know this, so allowed him to leave. His mother works a lot so most likely would not be home, meaning his father would be alone with Virgil." Janus explained as good as he could.

"Virgil has a curfew, so what?" Roman asked.

"I can't tell you!"

"Fine!"

Roman left the house and started driving in the direction of Virgil's house.

"ROMAN! NO!"

Roman opened the car window as he drove and screamed out, "ROMAN, YES!" Disappearing when he turned a curve.

Remus started shooting texts to Roman telling him to stop.

Roman didn't listen so Remus called him.

"Roman! Don't do it! Come back!" Remus screamed into the phone. "Do you want to ruin Virgil's life further than you just did?!"

"Ugh, FINE!" Roman groaned and hung up.

Remus sighed in relief, putting his phone away.

Everyone was still confused. "Woah babes..." Remy said. "This got kind of dramatic. Logan, Emile Patton, c'mon babes let's leave them to do whatever they need to do for Virgil." 

They left, saying goodbye, very confused.

Remus and Janus sighed and started talking about Virgil, Roman walking in.

"Roman. Don't talk to us. Go to your room." Janus said.

"Bu-"

"GO!"

Roman ran to his room and yeeted himself in his bed.

Remus and Janus decided to go out somewhere to clear their heads, so went for a walk.

They decided they'd go to Virgil's house later to help him.