british bodyguard ; 2

summary: marissa wants you to get closer with your new bodyguard, which leads you to shedding a tear in front of him later on in the night

warnings: using another taylor swift song

"I think you should spend some more time with mr. holland" marissa said to you, making you almost choke on your food.

it was now lunch time at the studio & tom had stepped out to take a phone call. as soon as he was out of earshot marissa started talking to you about him.

"well dear, he is going to be protecting you from now on. i don't think it would be bad if you both got to know each-other. on a professional level of course" she said, glancing at chris who was trying to hide his smirk.

"i feel like you're up to something... so i'm hesitant" you said with a playful glare.

"dear, if i was, you'd know by now. it's not an abnormal thing to get close with people you work with" at that she had kinda convinced you, but you still held your guard up.

"we'll see..." you said as you continued to eat your lunch, which was perfect timing because tom had just walked back inside.

"sorry bout that, just personal business. it's all taken care of now" he said as his phone slipped into his back jean pocket.

"everything okay?" you asked him, to which he gave you a tight lipped smile.

"yeah, just personal business" he said, clearly not wanting to elaborate which you were fine with.

"how about after lunch we call it a day? you already have gotten done most of the songs & recordings, we only have to do 4 more & then touch ups. i think it wouldn't hurt if we got the rest of the day off" marissa said, making everyone him in agreement.

"i think i'll stay" you said, causing max to groan.

"you work yourself too hard y/n. why don't you just relax a bit" max said to you.

standing up to put your lunch wrappers/containers in the trash, you chuckled at max's comment.

"i don't need a break, it's fine max. i just like getting to be in the studio, it's fun" you replied.

tom admired you for how hard working you were, but didn't say anything or show emotion. he's noticed over the last few weeks that he's been with you that you really enjoy your work & that you could do it 24/7 if you wanted.

you were hard headed though, but he made you determined to get as much as you could get done. he thought that was a nice quality to have.

"well, if we can't get you to leave, we'll just head on out" max said as everyone else started to pack up & get ready to leave.

you just plopped down on the couch & grabbed your guitar with a smile as you said your goodbyes to max, marissa & chris. tom almost chuckled at your actions.

"sorry for making you stay all the time, i can tell it's annoying" you said to him as you tried to retune the guitar strings, making him look up from his shoes to you who sat across from him.

"it's alright, i don't really mind" he replied, fixing his posture in the chair as he saw you mess with the strings.

"can i play you something atleast to repay you for being stuck with me all the time?" you asked, gaining a chuckle out of him.

"go for it"

you then started playing the intro chords to "this is me trying", a song tom hasn't heard you record or play yet.

"i've been having a hard time adjusting, i had the shiniest wheels, now their rusting. i didn't know if you'd care i came back, i have a lot of regrets about that. pulled the car off the road to the lookout, could've followed my fears all the way down. & maybe i don't quite know what to say but i'm here at your doorway"

"i just wanted you to know, that this is me trying. i just wanted you to know, that this is me trying" you sang, tom staying silent as he watched & heard you intently.

he knew that he really liked your voice, there was something about it that was soothing & powerful— he didn't exactly know how to put it.

"and it's hard to be at a party when i feel like an open wound. it's hard to be anywhere these days when all i want is you. you're a flashback in a film reel, on the one screen in my town shit" you sang, soon cutting yourself off as you began to sniffle a bit.

tom's head leaned to the side a bit for a moment once he heard you pause, soon seeing tears building up in your eyes as you stood up quickly to get a tissue. he was confused because he didn't know if he set you off or what not, so he sat there with his eyes following your movements.

"everything okay miss?" he asked softly as you wiped your eyes & nose, trying not to make it a big deal.

"yeah" you said with a deep breath & a sniffle. "i'm alright, just got a little worked up"

"you sure?" he asked again as you sat back onto the couch with a tissue box in hand, wrapping yourself with a blanket.

"i just, i've never sang that song infront of anyone before. not even max or chris. i don't even know why i sang it just now, it just came out i guess" you replied, tom nodding his head understandably.

"it's a deep & emotional song yeah?" he said, making you nod your head.

"yeah. a guy from my hometown fucked me up real bad so i tried making a song out of it. kind of a basic tactic of song writing..." you said with a chuckle to ease the mood, wiping your nose once ore before throwing the tissue into the garbage can.

"sorry about that. i've had my fair share of that kinda stuff too, it's really hard" he admitted, making your eyes light up.

you guys were getting to know each-other a bit!

"i'm sorry too. people from our hometowns would get along then i think" tom chuckled at this, making you smile a bit.

"where are you from again?" he asked, running a hand through his hair.

"y/h/t, what about you? yorkshire? london? doncaster?" you asked, making him chuckle again.

"i'm a native of south west london, darling. kingston to be exact" he said with a charming smile, making you try to stop your smile from getting so big.

from there you both talked about growing up in different places & what the environment was like & also finding out that you both had common interests. marissa would be happy that you & tom are getting along.