a sucker for romance

Peter parker was the most innocent boy you've ever met. his intentions have always been for good & he has the purest heart of gold, you still pinch yourself at the fact that he is yours & you are his. you never thought you would ever meet a guy that would be your #1 supporter until you met him & you weren't sure how you could be this lucky.

peter has always been a sucker for cliché romance, ever since he was young. before his parents passed he remembers all the little presents or acts of love they would do like his dad getting his mom her favourite flowers when she had a bad day or his mom cooking his dad his favourite meals. but after they passed, it took time for him to feel that way about love again. & that's where may came in.

aunt may & uncle ben would spend nights cuddled on the couch while watching the late night tv or have slow dances in the kitchen & little peter thought that was the most adorable thing & as he got older, he only dreamed to spend his life with someone & so things like that. & that's where you came into the picture.

first day of highschool- freshman year - & you accidentally got your locker number mixed up with peter's. when you were struggling to open his assigned locker, he walked over confused to why you were there. after realizing the dumb mistake you made, you profusely apologized & he accepted right away & asked you what your schedule was.

when you both found out you had chemistry & lunch together, he asked you if you wanted to sit with him at lunch & the rest was history. you both didn't realize your feelings for one another until sophomore year at the homecoming dance & didn't admit your feelings until june of sophomore year.

peter wanted to tell you in the best way, so he went to aunt may for advice & came up with something. peter had invited you to a "end of year gathering" at his apartment & the dress code was "formal". you showed up in a dress similar to your homecoming one & noticed how he turned his small apartment into how the gym looked at homecoming.

it was just the two of you, constantly dancing to slow songs, wrapped in each-others arms. it was perfect. you still can't believe how the start of your relationship started in the cheesiest way possible.

flashback to the night he told you:

"y/n?" peter asked with a hush tone, his heart beating fast as your head rested on his chest.

"yeah pete?" you said as you looked up at him, arms still wrapped around his neck as his rested on your lower back.

"can i tell you something that's been on my mind for a while?" he asked again, nervously gulping, his adam's apple moving up & down.

"sure" you replied, keeping your gaze on him.

"you know how me first met? you trying to break into my locker on the first day of highschool?" he asked, making you laugh a bit at the memory.

"hey- i did not try to break in. i thought it was mine but it was a mistake" you pointed out, both of you scoff at each-other jokingly.

"as i was saying. i wanted to recreate a night where i finally put all the pieces together about something. so may helped me to recreate the gym from homecoming, in november. that night, all the feelings & emotions i've felt in the last year & a half all made sense..." peter said as you heart started to race too.

"what do you mean peter?" you asked him.

"what i mean is... y/n... at homecoming i realized that i uh, i love you" he let out, your face broke into a grin as you felt your stomach explode with butterflies.

"you love me?" you asked in disbelief.

he just nodded at you, his heart exploding with each passing second.

"i love you too peter" you said with a smile.

"i don't think you understand" he said causing you to furrow your eyebrows.

"what do you mean?" you asked, curious of the context.

"i love how passionate you are about science, especially the stars. i love how you tuck your hair behind your ears when your happy or excited. i love to hear your laugh when ned makes jokes. i love how your eyes twinkle sometimes. i love your smile when your genuinely happy. i love how helpful you are & how smart you are. i love how you always wear mis-matching socks & how you never take off your converse" he proclaimed, causing you to stop swaying to the music so you could focus on his words.

"i love how you always crave ice cream, even if it's colder than antarctica outside. i love how you never turn down a star wars marathon. i love how you help may bake & cook dinner sometimes. i love how supportive you are of me & being spiderman. i just... i love everything single thing about you y/n. i love you" peter confessed, your heart in your throat.

"peter-" you cut yourself off & hugged him.

you hugged him tight, your emotions getting the best of you in the moment. he hugged you back, softly rubbing your back when he heard you sniffle.

"i love how you never get tired of star wars, no matter how many times you watch it. i love how your always making gadgets or fighting crime or doing anything that you like. i love how you get distracted sometimes in class & you blush when the teacher calls on you. i love how you get giddy some days & your smile is so contagious. i love your curls when they aren't always slicked back with gel & i love your weird eyebrow because of how unique it is" you said pulling away from him, holding his hands in yours.

"i love how you smell like home, which makes me wanna be buried in your clothes. i love how selfless you are & how much of a hard worker you are. i love your stupid pun t-shirts because they make my day. i love seeing you swing by my window when your on patrol. i love how you always walk me home from school. i love your laugh when you laugh at my jokes, because admit it... i'm hilarious" he just chuckled at you, smiling hard.

"i love you too peter, i realized it at homecoming too" you said smiling, your heart happy at his reaction.

"thank god" he said all giddy, making you laugh at the outburst.

"so... you set this up all for me?" you asked, looking around the room again, admiring the decorations.

"yeah i did" he replied with a proud smile.

"what now?" you asked, his gaze focused on you.

"this" he whispered, inching closer to you, both of your faces becoming close.

"is this okay?" he asked, less than a centimetre from your lips.

"yes" you replied, soon closing your eyes at the feeling of his lips on yours.

you & peter leaned closer to one another, wrapping each-other in each-others arms, not daring to break apart. it was cliché, all of it. the decorations, the reason why he did this all for you, professing your love for each-other & the kiss- cliché.

but thank god you were sucker for cliché's too.

this is a long one & i hope you liked it! i loves writing this & it's so fluffy omg :')