nikes

INSPIRED BY THE SONG "Nikes" BY FRANK OCEAN

You were spending the night at peter's.

you were surprised when he invited you over, since you been closing yourself off for the past couple days. you haven't been going to school or answering your phone much & you were sulking in your room at your apartment. your heart was shattered by another careless boy from midtown who had a bad rep.

you always tried to look past that, tried to see the good in him... but it backfired. peter knew what happened between you too & it made his blood boil. from the start of you & peter's friendship you both have been very protective of one another & hated when the other was hurt in any way.

peter likes you. as simple as that. he's liked you for a while but with him being all shy & shit (which you think is hella cute), he never had the guts to tell you because he was scared you didn't reciprocate anything towards him. he didn't want to risk losing you, like how he lost liz.

anyways, you arrived at his apartment in a baggy hoodie, sweats, tear stains & a sad heart. you knocked softly on his door which was immediately opened once your knuckles hit it. you saw him, clad in a midtown sweatshirt & some comfy looking shorts.

"pete..." you said, sighing deeply.

"come here y/n/n" he mumbled as he opened his arms wide for you.

you walked inside so he could shut & lock the door. once he did, you immediately clung onto him & cried your heart out more. peter rubbed your back, smooth your hair & kissed your head multiple times to try to help calm you down. your cry's hurt him, which fuelled his hate for the idiot who hurt you.

"i don't know why i'm crying so much over this pete" you mumbled into his shoulder.

"he's an idiot & piece of shit for hurting you. never deserved your heart y/n..." he said as he still rubbed your back.

"i'm sorry about shutting you out" you said, looking up at him.

"don't be sorry. i was just worried about you. your here now right?" he asked softly.

"mhmm"

"come on, let's go to my room. got a tv now so it'll be easier to watch gilmore girls" he said, making you smile because you adore gilmore girls & he loves watching it, only with you.

you held onto his hand like a 4 year-old to the walk towards his room but he didn't mind, he just smiled to himself at the contact. once he opened the door you headed to his bed & got comfortable, waiting for him to join beside you. he chuckled at you as he joined you, putting the tv onto netflix.

soon enough, you both were gushing over characters & enjoying each-others company. you were getting tired, about 5 episodes into the "marathon" you were having & you soon leaned your head on his shoulder as your eyes fluttered open & close.

"tired?" peter asked, wrapping his arm around you for support.

"a bit" you said as you yawned.

you both just went back to watching as peter silent fought with himself, not knowing if he should tell you his feelings now due to your emotions or if he should just go for it. he paused the show, causing you to slightly boo at his actions.

"i know you wanna watch but can i just, just saying something real quick?" he said nervously as his fingers started to fidget.

"so i-i know your still sad about that asshole that hurt you & i probably shouldn't be saying this right now but uh... i like you? i mean like-like you & i have for a while. b-but i've been scared to tell you & i didn't want to lose you because it's happened before & i was scared" he rushed out, holding in his breath.

you stayed silent, processing his words carefully.

"your never gonna lose me pete" you whispered, looking up at him with a a soft expression on your face.

he looked down at you with a surprised look on his face, his nerves evening out.

"you sure?"

"i'm sure"

you moved your head off his shoulder & leaned back on his headboard, pulling his arm so he would slightly lean over you. you ran your fingers through his hair a few times before you spoke.

"i may be younger, but i'll look after you" you whispered.

"we're not in love, but i'll make love to you" he whispered back, leaning closer to you.

"when your not here, i'll save some for you" you whispered again, smiling.

"i'm not him, but i'll mean something to you" he whispered, kissing your forehead softly.