reassurance & i love you's

summary: peter starts to get insecure & asks for reassurance about your relationship

warnings: none :)

"Y/n?" peter asked you as he laid on his back on your bed, looking at the ceiling.

you were over at your desk doing your make up, looking at your reflection in your mirror. you were just putting mascara on your lashes.

"yeah? what's up?" you asked as you continued to do what you were doing.

peter ran has hands over his face, up to his hair & then rested his hands behind his head before speaking.

"you still like me right?" he asked, making you pause your movements.

luckily, you had just finished your makeup anyways, so you made your way over to him on the bed, sitting at his side & looking down at him.

"of course i do peter, why wouldn't i?" you said, cupping one of his cheeks with your hand as you continued to look at him with slight concern.

"i just i don't know, i feel like you could do better sometimes you know. i just don't feel good enough anymore" he revealed, looking at you as you pouted at his words.

"how long have you felt like this babe?" you asked him, taking one of his hands from under his head into your free one, resting it in your lap as you squeezed it.

"maybe a couple weeks, i don't exactly know" he replied.

"well, one thing i know for sure is that you are good enough, not just for me. but for anyone peter. sometimes i feel like i don't deserve you too" you said, making him look a bit struck.

"you feel like that too? why?" he asked, shocked that you knew how he felt.

"it's just those thoughts that i get sometimes when things seem to good to be true... do you get those too?"

he nodded.

"but whenever i get those thoughts somehow, you always show up. like if i get a thought like that at school, you pop up when i'm at my locker or something & you just hug me immediately. that's how i know that those thoughts aren't true" you said.

"but peter, is there something i could do more for you that would help ease those thoughts? like what you do for me?" you asked him & he nodded immediately.

"i don't know if i like, need to hear you say uh... why you like me or what to be with me or if i need i don't know— a hug" he stuttered out, making you smile a bit at his nervous self.

"how bout i talk first?" you suggested, which made him nod.

"to start things off, you're a huge nerd. & i don't mean it in a bad way. i mean it in a good way i promise. i love how you know so much about everything & your invested in things that make you happy. i admire that a lot" you said, seeing his cheeks start to blush lightly.

"you always check up on me, which is a constant reminder that you care. i like that cause it makes me feel safe in a way. i like your smile & how your laugh sounds. it's adorable" this made peter let out a chuckle, making you smile.

"see! it's like you light up the whole room"

"i like how smart you are & how your a hard worker, even though you push yourself a little too much. i like that your close with your aunt, how you care about family. your hair... peter— it's one of my top five favourite things about you" you said, moving your hand up from his cheek to his hair, your fingers threading through his brown locks.

"it's just perfect" you sighed with heart eyes & peter soon hummed at the feeling of your hand.

"i like how innovative you are, like with making your own web fluid— which is absolutely sick, how you make gadgets & all that cool stuff. you never take no for an answer & you always find your way around problems, no matter how big they are" peter couldn't stop smiling at this point.

"you're a big softie, always giving me hugs & head kisses & whatever. i like that you aren't afraid to show that, soft side of you like some people are. your vulnerability is something i find very attractive..." you continued, smiling as peter's thumb started rubbing your hand.

"you always want to help & save people, keep the ones that matter safe. your so selfless & you put your all into anything. you also are a good rock, like you help keep me grounded whenever i get too into my thoughts or my work"

"you have a heart & mind of gold. you're the ultimate package pete, you're amazing" you gushed, making peter pull you into a hug.

"i'll always remind you how great of a person you are. your enough for me, you've always been enough. okay?" you told him, holding him close.

"thank you. i think i love you too by the way"