friends to lovers

friends to lovers (slow burn):

you & tom would meet at a pivotal point in your lives. whether it was a big movie premiere & you just happened to be there for makeup, interviews, etc, a small cafe or a store & you just bumped into him in line or asked if a seat was free, be introduced by mutual friends— whatever the case may be, you & tom would instantly click at first sight.

both of you would be oblivious to any romantic sparks between you both for months of end, maybe even a couple of years so you both would have a strong foundation of trust & loyalty. but the lingering feeling of "could this be more? would they feel the same? have they ever felt the way i do?" would slowly creep in at milestone moments.

you trusted tom with your life. he knows some deep & dark parts of you that you've always been afraid to show because of how easy things are with him. his presence was always comforting, relaxing & it honestly just felt like home to you, ever since you met. talking to him is like talking with a philosopher at times due to his love for advice & helping those close to him. his insight has always been an admirable feature that pulled you in.

tom felt safety & security around you. as the months passed when your friendship first bloomed, he always felt like he could just stay with you & never get tired or bored. maybe it was because you were a steady part in his life; a life that was constantly filled with chaos, but it always slowed down or came to a halt when he was interacting with you.

after seeing you at your dull moments; puking in the bathroom from too many beers, trying to do ballet moves he'd teach you, or when you cried your makeup off & needed a friend— he knew he was in it for the long haul, whatever he could have just to have you in his life.

there have been multiple times where things could've gone wrong, like when the press first dragged your names through the headlines due to being in tom's inner circle, arguments about small or stupid things, miscommunication— you name it. your friendship has had downs, but it only made it somehow grow stronger, despite how hard it's been to just be happy.

your whole friend group knew that you & tom were going to get together at some point, but it took longer than expected. both of you tried to get with other people in order to diminish the feelings for each-other, thinking that would work... it didn't. distance didn't work either due to the obsessive need to stay in touch, so your feelings had be addressed sooner than later.

tom had been in your life for 3 years now.

it was roaring outside due to the thunder storm & you were wallowing on your couch with a blanket wrapped around you. the other night, you & tom both had been invited to a party for a friend & stupidly decided to kiss after a few drinks. you were dancing with him, close enough to feel his breath. close enough to feel his touch on your hips & close enough to lean in for a kiss. the kiss didn't feel like nothing, it felt too real & too meaningful despite the alcohol.

you were embarrassed that you had ruined your friendship— whatever you had with him, over that because you were scared that a line was crossed. you knew that he possibly felt the same for you, because he's the one that holds your hand when you need it. he brings you soup when you have a cold & gives you facetime tours of the set he's on when he shouldn't. he calls you when he's hours behind or ahead just to hear your voice & he gives you flowers every once in a while.

the look he gives you— it makes your heart stop.

but despite what you think he feels, you don't know, so you were scared shitless of what could happen.

it was getting later in the night when you heard a car pull up & someone bang on your door. it sounded urgent, so you made your way to the door & opened it to reveal a slight damp tom with a nervous look on his face. he got wet from the storm.