prauge

summary: peter & beck's talk on the roof scene from ffh, but with a slight twist

warnings: some original dialogue from ffh (which i don't own), y/f/s= your fashion style

"Look, fury asked me to come up here & see how you were doing. he just, he felt bad about snapping at you" quentin beck said to sad looking teenager who sat on the rooftop, his aura filled with regret & sadness.

peter was surprised to see the new guy come up to see him, it made him feel a bit better.

"really?"

"you guys do have sarcasm on this earth, right?"

peter just sighed at that, moving his gaze to his shoes as beck took his place beside him, looking at him with sympathy.

"how you feeling?" beck asked, hoping he'd be able to help.

peter sighed as he looked out onto the city, the light bright & the atmosphere was calm. he made him feel almost homesick.

"i didn't think i was gonna have to save the world this summer" he admitted.

"i know that makes me sound like a jerk. i just... i had this plan with this girl i really like" he continued, a little smile rising to his face as he thought of you.

peter immediately visualized you in front of him with a bright smile. it made him all giddy inside & he couldn't help but bite back a smile.

"&... now it's all ruined" he said with a tone of defeat, going back to kicking his feet lightly off the edge of the balcony as a frown formed on his face.

"what were you gonna do?"

"i was gonna take her to the top of the eiffel tower in paris & give her a necklace i got for her... then tell her how i feel" peter replied with a small voice.

"that's sweet, what's the girl like?" beck asked, hoping he'd be able to help ease his mind before the mission by changing the topic.

"she's just awesome. she's smart, really kind & loves to help people. she's like, i don't know— she feels like my other half... you know like—"

"she could be your, quote on quote, soulmate?" beck said, doing finger quotes with his hands.

"yeah! i don't know why she does but she... she really gets me. she's also gorgeous... i mean, i'm not someone who only likes someone for their looks— i swear! but she really is beautiful" peter smiled, daydreaming a bit about you.

"how long have you known her for?" beck asked.

"about sophomore year. we got really close after homecoming & the vulture situation because while chasing the vulture... i may or may not have wrecked her roof" peter admitted, making back laugh.

"how'd you manage to do that?"

"well i was chasing some of his workers who were driving away & i didn't know what to do so i just starting running on peoples roof's & in their backyards cause it was a short cut. but i accidentally wrecked her roof & i ended up paying for half of the damages... but i'm happy i did that cause i met her" peter explained.

"so she knows your spiderman?" beck asked surprised.

"yeah, i told her who i was after we talked a few times. because i would come to her house & drop off the weekly payments since i didn't have a whole lot of money. & we'd talk while i'm in the suit in her backyard for a few hours. but i felt comfortable enough telling her about 3 months of knowing her... so yeah"

"she worries about me a lot though. it's kinda nice, that she cares. it makes me feel i don't know... comforted? i-i don't know" he stammered, making beck chuckle at him.

"you seem a bit head over heels there"

"maybe i am, i don't know. she's just really easy to be around, i don't feel like i need to try to be anyone else around her. i felt the opposite of that when i liked this other girl. i don't like that feeling. i wanna be me... & with y/n, i feel like i can" peter said with sigh.

"y/n? the one with the y/h/c who dresses like y/f/s?" beck asked, making peter snap his head at him.

"how did you—"

"don't sweat it kid, fury made me know all your classmates on the trip in case something happens tonight & i see one of them" beck assured peter, making him feel less concerned.

"you should still figure out a way to tell her, just cause you can't go to paris doesn't mean that you can't tell her" beck told him, making peter nod a bit.

"i guess, yeah"

"she'd be lucky to have you kid" beck told peter honestly, making him smile at beck.

"thanks beck"

hi everyone! i'm one of april's friends (who also loves tom woohoo) & i'm going to be taking over her account for a while. she's been struggling with her mental health lately & she's in a really tough situation right now with the hospital, so i'm taking over her account for the time being!

i'm just going to be finishing & editing her drafts, i don't know if she'd want me to write whole imagines or not so i'm gonna stick with that for now!