mine

summary: you & peter see each-other at a highschool reunion & those old feelings for one another come back.

warnings: fluff

You didn't want to go, you knew you were gonna see him. your highschool reunion was tonight & you were nervous. not about seeing your friends who you still kept in touch with, other peers who were just around or people who didn't like you much— you were nervous about seeing peter again, you haven't seen him since highschool.

you both talked over the phone every once in a while, checking up on how each-other are doing, what's new in your lives & things like that. but you haven't seen him in person since graduation & you've missed him a lot. you were now 26, working at your dream job & your career was going well.

you currently were staring at yourself in the mirror, looking at how the dress you choose for tonight fitted you. it was a red silky dress that stopped before your knees, it was flowy at the bottom but a little form fitting at the top. you paired it with some simple black heels & a small black bag to go with it.

your makeup wasn't super extravagant & your hair was just wavy, which was the way you liked it. you were heading out the door, but you couldn't seem to shake off your nervous feelings about tonight. so you tried to push them into the back of your mind, focusing on driving to the school.

you felt nostalgic as you parked in the parking lot of the school, the building looking the exact same as it did all those years ago. smiling softly, you locked your car & walked towards the gym doors, opening them to see people already inside, mingling & drinking some wine.

you smiled as you saw some familiar faces & giving a small wave to old teachers as you walked over to mj, who you spotted immediately.

"mj!" you said excitedly, watching her turn around & smile brightly at you.

"y/n, hey" she replied, giving you a big hug.

mj left new york after highschool, deciding to study as an international student in london for literature. you haven't seen her since she left, so you were excited for her to be back.

"how was london? what was it like? you still haven't told me about it" you asked as you pulled away.

"it was nice to have a fresh start, but i would've liked to have someone else come with me when i went because i was on my own & things got confusing every now & then. but i missed the coffee here, for some reason it's so different there" she said, thinking back to those days.

"well, i'm glad your back. are you staying in queens now?" you asked her.

"i'm moving into an apartment closer to the city in a couple weeks, but i'm staying back with my family until then" she replied.

"that's great mj" you said, your heart warming at your friend for living her dream.

"y/n... you might wanna turn around" she whispered to you, making you confused.

you slowly turned around & noticed peter walking inside, saying hi to a few of the teachers before walking into the crowd. he looked much more different than before, but he still looked like the same boy who stole your heart in highschool.

"i'll be right back" you whispered back to her, making you way over to peter.

you felt like you were 16 again as you made your way over to him, feeling like you were gonna explode from how nervous you were. your heart was beating fast & your hands were slightly shaking, but none the less you had to remain calm.