alternative ending to last post!

you just watched him leave & felt your heart strain with each of his movements. you couldn't tell why & it was annoying you. so you quickly ran around the counter & didn't listen to ned's calls & you left the cafe, looking on the street for him.

you spotted him & ran to him while yelling his name so he could turn to you.

"peter! peter parker! wait!" you yelled while trying not to slip on the slush & ice that littered the side walk.

turning his head & wiping his tears, he saw you running to him & he couldn't believe it.

"i know you. well i don't know know you but i... your like a blurry memory in my head & i can't figure out why" you stammered to him once you reached him, trying to catch your breath.

"i-i..."

"i feel like i know you from somewhere... my heart does at least— but that's besides the point—"

dropping the coffee cup to the ground & letting it spill onto the snow, peter grabbed your hands in his & you let him, seeing what he'd do.

"i promise you, i'm gonna find you after this. i'm gonna find you & i'm gonna make you remember me. i'm gonna explain everything to you, i'm not leaving your life for good y/n. i promise, i always keep my promises" peter said, hoping that it would jog your memory somehow. he needed you to remember. he wanted you to remember him so bad because he was helplessly in love with you.

"peter... wait" your brain couldn't believe it or handle it. you felt your heart soar at his words & you could picture him, bloodily & bruised, telling this to you.

peter was saying something he told you once to make you remember & you did.

"i... you told this to me before didn't you? it was dawn & we were near water or something & we were crying & you had to leave & we said goodbyes & stuff but... i told you to tell that—"

"i love you," peter said, smiling brighter than he has in a while.

"you wanted me to tell that to you again when i found you. i couldn't bring myself to do it back to there" he explained to you.

"peter..."

"y/n..."

"just between us, do you remember it?" peter asked you, pleading with his mind & his heart that this was real & he wasn't imagining this.

grabbing the collar of his shirt you pulled him closer to you & kissed him. you kissed him like your life depended on it & you could feel yourself start to break down once you felt how familiar the kiss was, you felt like you were home. & peter felt the same. he pulled away & brought you into his arms, hugging you so tight & crying into your shoulder silently at the feeling of you playing with his hair like you used to.

"i remember you" you cried to him, feeling relief wash over your body like a waterfall.

"i remember how much i love you"