sensory overload

summary: with peter's senses going crazy, he feels out of control. but luckily your there to help him

warnings: sad & overwhelmed peter & rushed writing🥺

"Peter, you alright?" you asked as you walked closer to him as he stood in front of his locker, his hands shaking as he put his physics textbook in his locker so he could grab his psychology one.

you could tell something was wrong immediately. his eyes looked tired, he flinched every few moments & he just couldn't stop shaking.

"hey... what's wrong?" you asked again, moving closer to him as you placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling how tense he was.

"i-i uh... everything is j-just-" he stuttered out, feeling as if his brain was getting ripped out of his head.

his eyes started to fill with tears immediately as the pain in his head started to get too much for him & you became extra worried.

"i'm right here pete, i'm right here" you reminded him, running his shoulder now it help him.

he just stood in place as his focus was on the floor, more specifically his dirty sneakers.

"wanna go to the abandoned staff room & we can talk there? no one will find us" you told him, hoping he'd be able to open up if you weren't in a busy hallway.

he just nodded his head & the bell soon ringed, meaning last period had just  started. the halls soon became empty & you quickly took peter's hand in your's, guiding him a few hallways down to the old teacher staff room that isn't in use anymore.

no one would think to find you there because no one uses it, so you & peter would be alone.

"y/n/n" he croaked as you got inside, dropping his bag on the floor & walking over to one of the couches, resting his hands on his knees as he gripped his hair tightly in his fingers.

"i'm right here" you said softly as you kneeled in front of him, one of your hands resting on his knee while the other tried to pry his hands away from his head.

"you look like your gonna rip your hair out pete, try to relax" you told him, taking one of his hands in yours & pressing it to your chest.

"listen to my heartbeat. it should help" you suggested to him, but his breathing was getting heavier.

"my s-senses are so- everything is just so fucking loud" he cried out, not knowing how to explain how his head is feeling.

"uh i... could you try focusing on me? i don't know-" before you could say anything he pulled you to rest on his lap & his arms held you close.

burying his head into the safety of your chest, you held his head close & rubbed his back soothingly.

"your gonna be okay baby, i got you" you whispered so gently to him, scared you'd add on to the hurt going on in his head.

he just responded by nuzzling his head more into your chest, making you smile as you kissed his head a couple times. his crying stopped but he was still shaking a little, so you decided to draw words & patturns on his back to help calm him.

"breathe & focus on what i'm writing" you told him, kissing his head again as you ran your fingers through his hair & massaging his scalp.

peter started imagining what you were writing & the first couple were just random shapes, then his spiderman mask, saturn, a star, a smiley face, "i love you", "your okay" & random words like cheese or pizza.

once his breathing started to even out more, his grip on you was still tight but you didn't mind it, as long as he was comfortable, that's all that mattered.

"your doing so good pete, i'm so proud of you" you whispered to him, kissing his head once more as you rested your cheek on the top of his head.

"thank you for helping me, i feel a bit better. i-i don't know why everything went into like, overdrive today but i just felt so... so—"

"exhausted, overwhelmed, tired, upset, annoyed-"

"yeah, pretty much" he said, laughing a little into your chest.

"has this been happening a lot?" you asked him.

"sometimes, but today was the worst. i could hear every chair screech, every word anyone said & my ears felt as if they were gonna fall off" he ranted, taking a few deep breaths to calm down again

"maybe you should tell tony so he could investigate. maybe there's something he could do to help?" you suggested, feeling bad that peter has to deal with this.

"as long as i have you, i'll be okay"