coming home

Standing alone in the freezing cold airport with people rushing around with their suitcases, coffee & their children running a round everywhere made you nervous. it was such a hectic place, but since it was around the time of the holidays people were creating pure chaos throughout the whole airport.

you stood outside of one of the gates, waiting for your significant other like hundreds from others. you held your cup of hot chocolate close as people whizzed pass you, almost making you drop it. you hated airports to say the least but it was worth it because sooner or later he would be walking out to meet you.

about 15 minutes passed you threw out your cup as you saw people leaving the gate you were infront of, they were either rushing to hug friends or family that waited for them or they were on their phones walking alone. the anticipation was killing you as you waited to see his face, due to him being away for filming since late august.

you quickly checked your phone in case he texted or tried to call you by any chance, but you only saw message notification from your friend. sighing you placed your phone back in your pocket but someone yelling caught your attention as you zipped the pocket up.

"y/n!" you heard the familiar british accent yell, making you smile & widen your eyes in surprise.

no words came out of your mouth as you rushed over to him, almost bumping into a few people in the process. you soon reached him & jumped into his arms, wrapping yours tightly around his neck as his hugged your torso. swaying back & fourth you both didn't dare to loosen the embrace, holding on even tighter than humanly possible.

"missed you so much darling" he whispered into your ear, his face hurting from smiling so much.

"missed you even more tommy" you whispered back, pulling away from the hug to cup his face into your hands, running your thumbs gently under the slight dark circles under his eyes.

"weren't able to sleep on the flight?" you asked, taking in his features that you missed.

"was too excited to see you love, couldn't even sleep last night" he said, chuckling at the end.

"can i kiss you now?" you said, gaining a smirk from him.

"what'ca waiting for?" he said, smirking as you jokingly rolled your eyes, pulling his face to yours.

the kiss was filled with passion, making both of your stomachs flutter with butterflies all over. tom's hands held your waist close to his as you deepened the kiss, not wanting to stop. you both missed this feeling so much over the past couple months & being in an airport wasn't gonna stop you.

"hell, how much i've missed that y/n/n" he said, his smile growing brighter each second.

"you have no idea t" you said, hugging him again, inhaling his cologne that lingered on his clothes.

"do you have everything?" you asked him, looking at his large suitcase & carry on bag.

"all set love, ready to head back home?" he said, missing the apartment you both shared.

"let's go home tommy" you said as you grabbed his carry on bag, putting it on your shoulders as he grabbed his suitcase, holding your free hand with his.

you both walked out of the airport with happy heart, finally getting to head back home with each-other.