spend the night

summary: peter asks you if he could spend the night with you cause baby boy has been having bad dreams 🥺

warnings: CUTE PETER & like 1 or 2 swears

"Shit peter" were your first words once you walked into his room, seeing his under eye bags, pale face & slumped body at his desk.

he's been overworking himself again & you can tell that he hasn't had good sleep in a while.

"do i really look that bad?" he asked tiredly, making you scoff as you came closer to the fragile looking boy.

"baby, what's got you like this? spill the beans" you told him, cradling his face in your hands as you looked at him.

it was still kinda early in your relationship with peter, been dating for about 4 & a half months & he still gets all flustered when you call him pet names.

"it's nothing y/n/n, don't worry" he tied convincing you, but it didn't work.

"i always worry about you peter, i can't help it"

"okay fine. i've been uh having bad dreams again & i-i um i'm too afraid to sleep..." he admitted, feeling stupid.

you looked at him with a bit of concern, jutting out your bottom lip a bit.

"awh pete, why didn't you tell me sooner?" you asked him.

his eyes nervously flickered around before meeting yours again.

"it just seemed stupid..." he said with a sigh.

"it's not stupid peter, i promise" you told him honestly.

"is there anything i could do to help?" you asked him.

he pondered for a moment before once again, getting nervous.

"i was thinking last night... that uh maybe i could spend the night with you. like you could help me fall asleep— i-i know that it sounds weird & i might be rushing & ruining everything if your not comfortable but i-"

"peter, your rambling" you said with a small laugh, rubbing your thumbs on his cheeks soothingly to calm him down.

"sorry" he quietly apologized.

"no need to say sorry, your okay. but i wouldn't mind spending the night with you. i'm cool with that" peter's tired eyes lit up at that & pulled you down so he could hug you while sitting down.

"thank you y/n/n" he mumbled with a smile.

"your welcome babe"

****

"peter? you almost done?" you called out, making yourself comfortable in his bed as you wrapped your body in the sheets.

you were staying over tonight for the first time in attempt to help peter's dreams, but you were nervous. you've never done this with a guy before so it was a first for you & a first for peter as well.

"coming!" he called back, rising his mouth of the minty toothpaste he used before shutting the bathroom light off.

"night may! love you" he said to his aunt who was watching tv on the couch.

"night peter! remember, no funny business young man" she replied, making peter roll his eyes as his cheeks blushed a bit.

"hey" he said in a hushed tone as he closed his bedroom door a bit, leaving a medium size crack between the door & the door frame.

may said no closed doors.

"hi" you said back in the same tone, making room for peter on the new mattress may had gotten for him on a black friday deal.

it was a double mattress, so it was a bigger than his twin one but it wasn't too big for his room.

"don't be shy pete, it's just me" you said, noticing how he was shifting on his feet, unsure of what to do next.

he was wearing this obnoxiously pink hello kitty pj pants (you secretly thought they were cute on him) & a large black shirt that said your overreacting dude with a photo 2 breakers filled with substances, one was overheating while the other wasn't.

it was cheesy, but you thought it was adorable.

you were wearing one of his midtown hoodies that you stole from him a week ago & some sleeping shorts may let you borrow since you didn't bring anything with you.

peter soon climbed in bed with you, laying on his side facing you as you were facing him.

"um can i come closer?" he asked, making you open your arms wide for him.

he scooted closer to you on the bed as you laid on your back. both of his arms were around your waist & his head was comfortably on your chest. your left hand was in his hair, massaging his scalp while the other slipped underneath his shirt to rub his bare back.

he hummed contently at the feeling, nuzzling his head more into your chest which made you smile. he loved that the hoodie now smelled like you & your scent has always helped to calm peter's senses down.

"you alright pete?" you asked him, making sure you were doing everything right.

"i'm okay love" he said before closing his eyes, feeling sleep creep on him.

you didn't fall asleep until peter was out, making sure he was getting all the rest he could. both of you were so comfortable under the warm sheets in his room while the glow in the dark stars on his ceiling shined throughout the room.

"love you peter" you mumbled to him before drifting off, smiling as you felt him hug onto you more in his sleep protectively.

that night peter didn't have nightmares at all, he just dreamed about how lucky he was to have you.