date night

summary: you & tom go on a date & have a run in with paps :(

warnings: fluff & some swears

Tonight was supposed to be a special night because you & tom were going out on a date. he hasn't been able to take you out in a while & he wanted to do something nice with you since he's been busy lately. you were excited because he was taking you to one of your favourite italian restaurants.

you wore a tight black skirt, a white blouse like top that had a v line opening & black heels along with simple jewelry. your hair was in a simple french braid with some loose hairs coming out to frame your face & your makeup with kept pretty simple as well.

tom was wearing black pants & a white button up shirt with a black outline on the sleeves & collar along with black dress shoes. he paired the outfit with a watch on his left wrist & a simple black coat. he was sitting down in the living room waiting for you now.

"darling? you almost ready? our reservation is soon" tom said as he looked at the time on his phone, even though he was wearing a watch.

"coming honey!" you yelled from the bathroom, fixing your hair once more before exiting & walking to the living room.

when tom looked up at you his heart skipped a beat. he thought you looked absolutely gorgeous & he felt his cheeks heating up at he looked at you.

"you sure know how to take a guy's breath away y/n" tom said as he stood up to walk over to you, placing his hands on your waist.

"well, you on the other hand look dreamingly handsome" you replied placing your hands on his shoulders, smoothing the fabric of his shirt out a little.

"we don't want to be late do we?" tom asked, quirking a brow up at you.

you just replied with a kiss to his cheek & grabbed your purse before leading tom out of the house, hand in hand.

**********

"i've been meaning to ask you about that book i keep seeing you read the house. i know your not much of a reader, so what's so special about the book?" you asked as you ate your food, looking up at tom as he slowly sipped his wine.

you both were half way through dinner & it was going amazing. you both missed times like these, getting to dress up & head out somewhere— it was nice & the food was great.

"well, harrison actually recommended it to me. it's about a woman who lives alone in new york & she's a day drinker. she likes to spy on his neighbours & when new neighbours move in, she sees their son & he's a teenager or somethings & there's a lot of secrets hidden" he explains & you listen intently.

"is it horror is just-" you were about to ask but as your mouth opened your heard lots of gasps & shutter clicking sounds.

you turn your head to look at the window of the restaurant & see paparazzi, of course. you sighed & turned your head back to tom, looking at him to see what you both should do now that they tracked you both down.

"do you want to head back home? we can get to go boxes & finish at home?" tom suggested, not wanting to be watching by the men outside any longer.