can't sleep

summary: you have a hard time sleeping so you went to tom's room & fell asleep in his arms.

warnings: 💗 fluff 💗

It was one of those nights, the ones where you try every sleeping position & just can't fall asleep. you've slept on all sides of your pillows, sleep form the bottom to top, sideways & diagonally & every other way. you just couldn't sleep & you were annoyed & tired. you were sleeping at tom's house with him & the other's & you weren't sure why you couldn't fall asleep tonight.

you thought of going to see if the other boys-hell, even if tessa was up- so you could fall asleep that way? but you knew the other's were already asleep. when the thought of tom came up in your mind you smiled big like an idiot & felt your heart swelling at the thought of him. you knew he would be up because he said he's been working on a script with harry so it would be perfect.

you rose from your mattress & grabbed one of your pillows to bring over to his room. stepping into the hallway, you tried to not make any of the floorboards creak so the other's wouldn't wake up. you made it to tom's door & saw a light peaking through the bottom so you knew he was up.

"tom?" you whisper-shouted at the door.

"tom?" you whispered again, softly tapping on the door, hoping he could hear you.

then a moment later the door opened quietly & your heart melted at the sight. tom was wearing a baggy hoodie, athletic material shorts & glasses. he hates his glasses & wears them only when he's extremely tired & needs to continue his work or if it's a "fashion statement". you thought he looked adorable with them.

he smiled brightly at you, a sleepy look on his face as he looked at you & the pillow you held in your arms.

"what's up dear?" he whispered, hoping you were okay.

"do you want to have a sleepover?" you asked quietly, smiling at him as he let out a soft chuckle at your childishness.

without saying anything else he took your hand & pulled you inside, closing the door quietly before sitting in his desk chair & spinning a round to face you, sitting on the end of his bed with your legs crossed & pillow held to your chest.

"what's the reason for the sudden need of a sleepover?" he asked, taking off his glasses & closing his laptop.

"i couldn't sleep..." you replied, cheek rested cozily on the pillow.

"why's that love?" tom asked rolling his chair carefully to you, trying not to make too much sound.

"don't know. just couldn't, so i came here hoping you'd be up" you said with a sleepy smile on your face.

"guess you caught me at a good time eh?" he joked, causing you to playfully glare at him.

"uh huh" you sighed out, slightly entranced by his slight messy curls.

"you tired?" he asked, placing a hand on your cheek which you leaned into, a blush powdering your cheeks.

you just nodded, feeling like you could fall asleep then & there with his touch.

"i'm tired too so let's call it a night" he said before turning his lamp off, slight darkness filling the room.

you moved some of his pillows off the bed so you could put yours down, which resulted tom to playfully tisk at your actions. he pulled off his hoodie & changed it for a loose shirt & hopped into his bed beside you.

"you can come closer if you want, i don't bite" he said, arms extended for you.

"thank you" you mumbled as you scooted closer to him, feeling the comfortable warmth radiate from him.

both of your fronts were pressed to one another, your head in the crook of his neck while his was near your hair, which smelt like hot chocolate for some odd reason. one of your arms was draped along his middle back & his arm was holding you close by your shoulder blades, his fingers running through your hair a few times.

you hummed in satisfaction which made tom smile.

"better now dear?"

"so much better"

& with that, he pressed a kiss to your temple & you pressed one to his collarbone, both of you soon falling asleep immediately.